Tempo Help in Ableton

EvenStash

Hi Guys,

Just need a little help, So i have laid down some samples in Ableton that are not Rex files and i am finding it hard to match the tempo especially with vocals. Am i missing something? I have the mast tempo at the top which is fine but how do i lock the samples so they all match? Im really finding this hard to figure out!! When i click on the sample i see the tempo come up down the bottom right of the screen but even when i match that it sounds out!!

Not cool!

Any help would be appreciated :)

not sure whats being asked but i usually just click and drag the sample into an audio device and if i need to change from there ill mess with the warp function, remember to change beats to repitch or complex pro wichever is required.

not sure whats being asked but i usually just click and drag the sample into an audio device and if i need to change from there ill mess with the warp function, remember to change beats to repitch or complex pro wichever is required.

Basically ive put some samples over a beat and the tempo seems a little out so i try adjusting the bpm of the sample and it makes it worse, im not sure what the warp function is yet, ill have a look,i just want my vocals to sound in time

right ok i got ya... when i say audio device i mean an audio channel of its own not a sampler because as far as i know youd have to use this method then bounce down and then add the sample to a sampler or whatever you use...

see screen shot shows warp markers (yellow markers) and the settings for what kind of file your using ie beats or pads. have a mess around with it :D

[URL=http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1638-188.html][/URL]

Last edited:
Top man, ill give it a go in a second, do you place the warp markers where you want the drop of the vocal to be? Im still only in my 3rd day using this software! So much too it! Cheers for your help dude ill let you know how i get on

i think you can just chose a point where you want sample to start right click and crop the sample... no problem btw ableton ftw oh and reason rewired lol

Yeah you're definitely gonna want to check out the warping feature, one live's best features. I'm not 100% sure how tempo works with clips, if you have some loops with embedded tempo information then it should resize automatically.

Back
Top Bottom