Tell us all how you Organize your Library of All that is Sacred to your Beat Makin!

Goldenchild

Tell us all how you Organize your Library of All that is Sacred to your Beat Makin!

So you got your Hot cup of Coffee, or you just got done puffin your finest cheeba for your Music Session Sitdown and your ready to do this thang. Whatever you do to prepare your self for sitting down and Producing you are READY!

You start off with the Bassline because you in that kinda of mood, and you go to your Bassline folder to find a nice Tone. You open up the Bassline folder and you see 30 Sub folders so you pick one and you see that all the files are long as hell and every one has a distinct name of each bassline.

Also your starting to get frustrated because you see your shit is Organized but NOT how you want; sure you have all your Basslines in the Bassline folder but the subfolders could be labeled with better names and maybe you should organize it a little better but don't know where to start........................

This is where we ALL come in Beatmakers!

Please Tell us how you have YOUR library setup, and if you have any ideas on how to best organize your shit. I think this would be really helpfull to alot of other people including me!

I've found myself getting all pumped up and ready to make the beats but then when I'm starting off and going Tone and Sample hunting in my Library, I find my self overwhelmed because of subfolders could be a little better than what I have it at now. I have a bassline folder, but thosands of basslines but need to organize my subfolders for each catagory better.

This is how I have my Library set up......

Ambient > No Sub Folders Yet

Atmospheric > No Sub Folders Yet

Basslines > Acid Bass > Misc Basslines > Mixed Analog Bass > Moog > Synth Bass > Virus Bass > Distorted > Standup Bass

Basstones > No SubFolders yet

Beats&Breaks > Accents > Breaks > DrumFills > Slices

Percussion > Bass Drums > Bells > Bongos&Congos > Claps > Classical Percussion Sounds > Cymbals&Crashes > FX Percussion > Hi-Hats > Percussion sounds > Rides > Shakers > Snares > Tambourine > Toms

Drum Kits This one is Pretty Organized.. Subfolders just have the names of the different drumkits

EditedHardwareTones ( sold all my hardware but sampled all my tones I made before I sold it) > This Sections is all Organized too

FX > BizzareFx > GameboyNano Samples > Vinyl Sounds

Loops > Cymbal Particles > Disco Loops > echo Percussion > Fx Loops > Guitar >OscillationBeats > Percussion Loops > Snare Loops > Tacticle Impulse > Toms

Pads > Atmospheric Cromz Pads

Real Instruments > Fender Rhodes > Fender Suitcase 73

Samples Bruce Lee > Sci Fi (tons to sort through still!)

Stabs No SubFolders yet

Strings No SubFolders yet

Synths > Brass > Keys > Korg-ms2000 > Lead > Pads > Seq > Strings > Sweeps > Synthlines

Tones > No SubFolders yet

Vocals > Acapellas > Choir-Chorus > Female Vox > French > Lopez > Misc Vox > Mouth Sounds > Natasha > PS-13 EX24 & HaLion > PS-13 Choirs > Russian Choir
> Acapellas Mash ups > Vocoder

Well that's how I have mine Organized right now and while I was typing that I can see I can move some shit over to other folders right now!

So this thread is for giving advice on how to organize your shits and how you already have your shits organized as well.....

I'm spending a day on each folder to clean out and organize better, and label the files different so that will be easier to find things as well. Eventually I can my whole library at a more ease of use to find things

I've spent ages on Organizing my Library already, but as we all know it's a never ending process and hopefully this thread will maybe make that a little easier on our lives, so I look forward in seeing how YOU organize your Library!
lhdevil.gif

Wow, that's pretty organised.

I need to sort mine like that, I got samples all over my two hard drives, ha :lol:

I just deleted my entire sample collection a couple weeks ago cos it was so dissorganised - this is what i've re-built so far

Instrument Multisamples
------ Acoustic Guitar
------ ------ Finger Pluck
------ ------ ------ Finger Pluck 001,002 etc etc
------ ------ Pick Pluck
------ ------ ------ Pick Pluck 001,002 etc etc
------ Appalachian Mountain Dulcimer
------ ------ A String
------ ------ D String
------ ------ Dual D String
------ Bass Guitar
------ ------ Finger Pluck
------ ------ ------ Finger Pluck 001,002 etc etc
----- ------- Pick Pluck
------ ------ ------ Pick Pluck 001,002 etc etc
------ Mandolin
------ ------ A String
------ ------ D String
------ ------ E String
------ ------ G String (hoho)
Loops
------ Breaks
------ ------ Each break seperate folder with battery .kit
------ Drum Loops
------ ------ 000 - 070 bpm
------ ------ 071 - 080 bpm
------ ------ 081 - 090 bpm
------ ------ 091 - 100 bpm
------ ------ 101 - 110 bpm
------ ------ 111 - 120 bom
------ ------ 121 - 130 bpm
------ ------ 131 - 140 bpm
------ ------ 141 - 150 bpm
------ ------ 151 - 160 bpm
------ ------ 161 - 170 bpm
------ ------ 170 bpm Above
------ Percussion FX Loops
------ Percussive Loops
Musical Phrases & Riffs
------ Acoustic Guitar
------ Brass
------ Ethnic
Percussion
------ Drum Kits
------ ------ Each drum kit in seperate folder with battery .kit file
Sound Effects
------ Ambience
------ ------ Crowd
------ ------ Weather
------ Animals
------ ------ Bird
------ ------ Cat
------ ------ Dog
------ ------ Reptile
------ Human
------ ------ Cry
------ ------ Laugh
------ ------ Talk
------ Machinery
------ ------ Radio
------ Vinyl
Synth Multisamples
------ Bass
------ ------ each synth in own folder with kontakt .nki
------ Leads
------ Pads
------ Stabs
Vocal Phrases
------ Female
------ Male

my sounds

1 drums kits
a amen chopped
b congo break chopped
c clap stick
d cymbols
e HH
f kick
g noises
h perc
i snare
j stock RMIV
k tom
l vox hit

2 FX noises
a hollywood
b speak and spell

3 instrumental loops

4 mine
a basses
b breaks
c other

5 stolen breaks
a fillz
b sounds
c super sounds

6 taken songs

7 voices

dont really use samples for my synth sounds but that is how my samples are organized.

Re: Tell us all how you Organize your Library of All that is Sacred to your Beat Maki

sdm
Wow, that's pretty organised.

I need to sort mine like that, I got samples all over my two hard drives, ha

that's how mine used to be too! :lol_board

I didn't post my Rex Files either, but that's a whole new land there :)

I don't really have those set up Tempowise, and thre reason is because I can just change it basically with Recycle and make rexfiles.

Nice postings so far!

Last edited:
Re: Tell us all how you Organize your Library of All that is Sacred to your Beat Maki

very ambitious! me i dont have a clue. im happy if all the samples for a tune is in the same directory. might be because i make the samples as the tune progresses.

You can get programs to organise, manage and sort out your files and stuff like that. But i've never really thought bout getting any of them.
My folders are a mess!

And here is one such program...

doesnt organise your samples *for* you but it does help keep things tidy

Attachments

• Sample Catalogue.zip
    275.7 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom