TEH MARATHON MIX!

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
k!

Set myself a project. I wanted all of my tunes on MD so i can play em in my car and do what i want with them. I wanted a full library of tunes when im driving so i never get bored. Ive always wanted to mix every tune i have together in one continuos mix...

I was making a demo CD as I finally have the facilities excpet my stanton mixer broke t'other day so i am using a shite mixer with no eq's!!!! So i have put the demo on hold until i can find a fukin soledering iron!

anyway...

So....

I am going through all of my tunes and mixing the one by one as the appear in the boxes staring at the back and going forward

I didnt realise how big a task this was until i caned two MD's and had hardly fukin dented my collection!

The cool thing is though that it tests your mxing skills cos u have to think on ur feet a bit due to the randomness of the tunes.

Also u get to hear sum tunes u totally forgot about.

Anyone else tried anything like this???

if u want to try here are the (my) rules.... :mkay:

1. you have to designate in your vinyl a starting point and finishing point in ur vinyl collection. And work thro them sticking to the order the appear.

2. You have to mix the tunes that appears next. Once started u cant change the order of the vinyl in your boxes.

3. you must mix at least one side of each vinyl. If you choose to mic both side you must mix the fist side and the the second side straight afterwards.

4. when it comes to an ep you must mix at least one tunes from it.

5. on albums you must mix at least 50% of the vinyls ie. a four vinyl album you must mix two vinyls...(two tunes)

6. You dont need to do it one go! IDIOT!

ok! :slick: see u next year innit!

Ive been hastled by my ipod breadbins to do em a history lesson marathon mix, starting with 94-95 Jungle an takin it upto 2002-3, Ive been putting off starting it since xmas, but with 10 days off before I start my new job, i very may well give it a crack!

Would like to hear what you get laid down Lokki, mah goodman. :1:

The Formation 100 track 4 CD set is a great history lesson...

I've got about 2/3 of my collection of cds on my Zen and a stack of 70 still to go. Will have more than 20 gigs of dnb to listen to in my car (bought a cd player with an aux) and elsewhere... I love using the random option, lets you hear tracks that you normally never choose.

tv_g said:
do you have to try again if you train wreck?

No you have to keep going!

haha!

i havnt fucked a mix up yet...but sometimes u get over confident and lazy....or u start skinning up whilst mixing and let a tune play out...

woops!

jay walker said:
Ive been hastled by my ipod breadbins to do em a history lesson marathon mix, starting with 94-95 Jungle an takin it upto 2002-3, Ive been putting off starting it since xmas, but with 10 days off before I start my new job, i very may well give it a crack!

Would like to hear what you get laid down Lokki, mah goodman. :1:

yeah for sure!

I was gonna doa a history of Valve mix and a history of Playaz mix...

The Valve one is wicked!

I was gonna do a history of Hardware mix but they've gone all ahit recently so i got holes in my collection (watch the 'u dont no nuffin'' comments roll in!)

Im also rollin out with a Full Cycle mix up from around 2000 till now....

Im gonna post links to loads of mixes from my forthcoming DJ site (sad i know!) up here soon (when my mixer is fixed) so watch this space!

Back
Top Bottom