tecknics vs my stantons

rosssss224

got a pair of stanton str8-100's and compared to my mates t-62's their much better despite being ancient and i find them abolutely fine for mixing on. Thinking of taking the next step and getting some MK2's. Are they that much better? realistically cant see me being able to afford mk5's.

cheers.

I've had both and your question's an easy one coz it's Stantons all the way mate. Technics are waaaay overpriced.

stop trolling Papa :teeth:

Mate find someone with technics and give them a try, everyone prefers different things so you gotta find out what works for you. I love my technics, but my mate doesn't like them and swears by his vestax. Gotta try stuff to find what works best I reckon

If you're thinking of ever playing out, you need to get Technics. You're not gonna go to a club and find they've got Vestax in the DJ booth, Technics are the industry standard. Nowadays mind, you're lucky to go in a club and find a pair of turntables that are fully functioning.......

regardless of function

i find nothing more aesthetically pleasing than a 1210

the only thing that rivlas it's beauty is breasts

I don't know, i've heard good things about those Stantons and if you're happy using them, why fork out on an upgrade? As said above your best bet is to have a play on some technics and see how they feel and if it's going to be worth the upgrade for you

got a pair of stanton str8-100's and compared to my mates t-62's their much better despite being ancient and i find them abolutely fine for mixing on. Thinking of taking the next step and getting some MK2's. Are they that much better? realistically cant see me being able to afford mk5's.

cheers.

Are 100's better than the 150's? If not I would atleast upgrade to them, if they're practicly the same I'd just stick with what you got.

Technics are grate but for the prices your probably better just sticking with the stantons as technics aint much better and stantons have way more torque

If you're thinking of ever playing out, you need to get Technics. You're not gonna go to a club and find they've got Vestax in the DJ booth, Technics are the industry standard. Nowadays mind, you're lucky to go in a club and find a pair of turntables that are fully functioning.......

More like cd wallet holders nowadays =(

ye, dont know anyone with a set of techs! otherwise id definitely just give them a go. The st150's are meant to be better but couldnt comment on how much better. 150's ive seen in clubs though and the 100's are an older discontinued model. if i can find a set of mk2's for 200 uid or less ill buy them but for now theres no reason to have them, other than plaing out to be used to them and im realistically looking to do that reasonably soon. thanks for the input though. If anyones tried 100's and mk2's id lvoe to hear a comparison. better mixer might be a better in vestment. my behringer vmx 200 just feel like a piece of shit which...it probaly is

There are plenty of turntables on the market boasting better features than the Technics, including the Stanton's and Vestax. Whilst these are a pleasure to mix on, you may find it more difficult to adjust when having to use Technics in clubs. You may also find such turntables have a shorter lifespan and may not find as much available support online when you want to service, tweak or modify them. I recently replaced the pitch faders of my Technics and I was really surprised at how easy it was to take apart and put back together.

By getting Technics you're owning a classic piece of engineering history which has stood the test of time. I even believe they have Technics on display at the London science museum.

Saying that i've used the Stanton STR8-150s for over a year and they are also brilliant turntables. They just aren't classics.

as long as ur not using bottom of the line directdrive tts, stick w/ what u've got; thats what i tell anyone. i see it as money saved means money for future vinyl purchases. yeah u'll have to adjust a bit when using technics live, but dont sweat it.

Back
Top Bottom