Techy Roller - All Feedback Welcome

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by WhoSayReload?, Jan 18, 2016.

1. WhoSayReload?

WhoSayReload? Well-Known Member

I went and made a kind of techy roller didn't I! Built around some sampled ping pong beats and all.
    Let me know what you think, I'm looking for technical feedback and advice in particular
    My thread about sidechain compression was about this tune, so go easy on me I'm a newbie

Safe.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  2. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

Interesting, unique track! I like the ping pong effect, it's really different. Structure and the synth also add nicely to this. I only think you should work on making a fatter, punchier kick & snare and add some weight (add a fat sub bass on the background, cuz its lacking a bit weight now). Also create some switchups and variation to keep the tune interesting, but for a newbie this really is good!

WhoSayReload? likes this.
  3. Sentierum

Sentierum Member

a bit too straight, but the ping pong drums are groovy! ;D

WhoSayReload? likes this.
  4. WhoSayReload?

WhoSayReload? Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I wasn't expecting anything very positive, just straight up real feedback. I'm starting to learn more about compression and having a gander with envelope shapers etc. so hopefully I'll have better control of my levels soon, ya dig.