Techy kidn of roller wip

the intro perc is very nice man... would of liked a few little bass stabs for anticipation but thats my few but that drop woooahhh sounding fucking tight as shit... very professional sounding nice how the synths and basses all work together... a very good piece man cant really find anything to comment negatively about

Last edited:
I quite liked the vocal, though it's obviously just an accent within the track. Beyond that, I don't have much of a critique, as it's already quite polished. I do expect either a new voice, or a more lengthy vocal, or something, to come in as the song progresses...

Top notch, man :) I have only one suggestion - maybe make the word 'back' delayed for a longer time on the drop, as in Shiver's 'Retaliate'? Otherwise it's really good, keep it up!

Ye man, this is actually sounding really good. I'd definitely say that it would be worth a shot sending it off to some labels. I can't fault it anyways! I really like the minimal kind of drums in this one, so clean :)

I listened to the new clip; it's really great. I don't have a critique, but a suggestion to try (and it might not work out)—maybe a pad in the upper frequencies? Or some piano incidentals? I certainly don't want you to mess up the minimalist feel, but maybe it would be worth just to try out and see... Again, adding something might not even work out.

Well anyway, whatever you do, you should definitely feel proud of the track. :)

Ye man, this is actually sounding really good. I'd definitely say that it would be worth a shot sending it off to some labels. I can't fault it anyways! I really like the minimal kind of drums in this one, so clean :)

nice one man, i was going for stripped back drums on this so glad you like it.

and cheers KDK, i tried it with a pad but it looses a lot the oomph in the drop. cheers for the feedback though! glad you like

Sorry if I am being redundant but I did not bother reading other critique. Any way I love this shit. I think the sub could be more present in the mix. Only critique.

Mate this is sounding damn good. For some reason though (whilst I appreciate the minimal feel) it feels like there could be a few more sounds. Maybe a few more little fly ins or cheeky little chord stabs. Please don't get me wrong the track is top notch but for some reason I keep expecting some little stabs to surprise me in the main section. I really like when the rides and the bongos come in though, gives the track a nice change of groove.

Great work throughout though and I don't see any reasons why you shouldn't send it out. Even if no one picks it up the quality is there.

Sorry if I am being redundant but I did not bother reading other critique. Any way I love this shit. I think the sub could be more present in the mix. Only critique.

nice one man, ill turn the sub up a bit, i sit in the corner of a room so get pounded with bass and often dont realise the levels. thanks for the compliment!

djsammy- thanks for the comment, ill try adding a few little bits and bobs in and see how it sounds. maybe some vocal stabs or something? glad you lie the rides and bongos. nice one!

It has kind of been awhile since I heard the original; I'm listening to this mostly as "new" then. It was great, and nothing stuck out as a problem to me. If I had to find something, the breakdown was short and could have had more going on in it. I also might have cut the deeper end of the bass in the breakdown to better emphasize the second drop (although, to be fair the second drop hits well). I'm loving the wobs/glitches on the bass. The ending is a bit abrupt.

Back
Top Bottom