Techy kidn of roller wip

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by DjCartel, Jul 12, 2013.

1. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    jack2290 likes this.
  2. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

the intro perc is very nice man... would of liked a few little bass stabs for anticipation but thats my few but that drop woooahhh sounding fucking tight as shit... very professional sounding nice how the synths and basses all work together... a very good piece man cant really find anything to comment negatively about

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  3. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

Maybe those hihats have a bit of a too high of a "ring" to them?

4. Freezz

Freezz Member

Like MisterApe said, the hats are a little piercing in the drop but apart from that, very good track! Very professional!

5. DjCartel

nice one gents, all good feedback. i know what you mean about the hats, there quite harsh. will get to tweaking them. ive reupped the clip, now with some bass at the intro and a vocal aswell. would like thought on the vocal! safe in advance

https://soundcloud.com/mikeg123/july-beat/s-TnRds

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  6. kdk

kdk Member

I quite liked the vocal, though it's obviously just an accent within the track. Beyond that, I don't have much of a critique, as it's already quite polished. I do expect either a new voice, or a more lengthy vocal, or something, to come in as the song progresses...

7. stigma

stigma Member

Top notch, man :) I have only one suggestion - maybe make the word 'back' delayed for a longer time on the drop, as in Shiver's 'Retaliate'? Otherwise it's really good, keep it up!

DjCartel likes this.
  8. wingz

wingz everyones fav austrian

wow, love it man, hope you gonna keep working on it, my vibe

DjCartel likes this.
  9. Freezz

Freezz Member

Hat problem is solved, sounding very good now! I think some fast conga/bongo action would sound really cool man! :)

DjCartel likes this.
  10. DjCartel

cheers guys, done quite a bit more to it now. added some rides and some bongo progressions! lemme know what you think. considering sending this one off to a coiple of lables, do you think its at that level yet or am i biased ears? please be honest!

new link
    https://soundcloud.com/mikeg123/new-skanker/s-6IXUh

11. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Ye man, this is actually sounding really good. I'd definitely say that it would be worth a shot sending it off to some labels. I can't fault it anyways! I really like the minimal kind of drums in this one, so clean :)

DjCartel likes this.
  12. kdk

kdk Member

I listened to the new clip; it's really great. I don't have a critique, but a suggestion to try (and it might not work out)—maybe a pad in the upper frequencies? Or some piano incidentals? I certainly don't want you to mess up the minimalist feel, but maybe it would be worth just to try out and see... Again, adding something might not even work out.

Well anyway, whatever you do, you should definitely feel proud of the track. :)

13. DjCartel

nice one man, i was going for stripped back drums on this so glad you like it.

and cheers KDK, i tried it with a pad but it looses a lot the oomph in the drop. cheers for the feedback though! glad you like

14. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Sorry if I am being redundant but I did not bother reading other critique. Any way I love this shit. I think the sub could be more present in the mix. Only critique.

DjCartel likes this.
  15. DjSammy-T

DjSammy-T Member

Mate this is sounding damn good. For some reason though (whilst I appreciate the minimal feel) it feels like there could be a few more sounds. Maybe a few more little fly ins or cheeky little chord stabs. Please don't get me wrong the track is top notch but for some reason I keep expecting some little stabs to surprise me in the main section. I really like when the rides and the bongos come in though, gives the track a nice change of groove.

Great work throughout though and I don't see any reasons why you shouldn't send it out. Even if no one picks it up the quality is there.

DjCartel likes this.
  16. DjCartel

nice one man, ill turn the sub up a bit, i sit in the corner of a room so get pounded with bass and often dont realise the levels. thanks for the compliment!

djsammy- thanks for the comment, ill try adding a few little bits and bobs in and see how it sounds. maybe some vocal stabs or something? glad you lie the rides and bongos. nice one!

17. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

Great sound mate i really like this minimal dark vibes:)

DjCartel likes this.
  18. DjCartel

Niceone man, glad your feeling it. Anyone else got any thoughts?

19. DjCartel

20. kdk

kdk Member

It has kind of been awhile since I heard the original; I'm listening to this mostly as "new" then. It was great, and nothing stuck out as a problem to me. If I had to find something, the breakdown was short and could have had more going on in it. I also might have cut the deeper end of the bass in the breakdown to better emphasize the second drop (although, to be fair the second drop hits well). I'm loving the wobs/glitches on the bass. The ending is a bit abrupt.

DjCartel likes this.