Techstep or Neurofunk need help?

TerraWave

I could use someones help! I’m struggling at the moment to differentiate between Techstep or Neurofunk. Maybe I haven’t trained my ears well enough yet to hear the difference but could someone suggest a couple of tracks new or old that represent quintessentially the Techstep or Neurofunk genres. As sometimes when I listen to Audio, Noisia or Phace I can’t tell??

As I love both styles equally lets please not start another genre war, save the hatred for chart music (or the over ground scene lol).

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
tbh ...

It's really not worth differentiating between.

Techstep = more sci fi samples
Neurofunk = more funk/jazz influences.

Obviously some berk could make a track with audio of captain kirk licking an orange from episode 78 scene 178363. Mix it with some funky flute samples and an amen break and voila! Berkman B has created a new subgenre, but now he's remixed it with a reggae vocals and soundclash horn so now its classed as nuerotechfunkjungleclashsambassstep. Which is why nobody really takes sub genres seriously.

Techstep is more regimented and breakbeat orientated with choppy drum patterns and edits, rolling tech (neurospunk) has more straightforward drums and more twisty bass trickery etc

Techstep = No U Turn
Rolling tech = Virus

Crude but reasonably accurate way to compare them