Techno Sections in dnb tunes, love em or hate em?

Techno beats in dnb

• Gimmie more

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No thank you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Patchie-C

orate youth!
VIP Junglist
What do you think of the techno beats in dnb tunes?
The Legend
The Legend Remix
Eyes of evil
Tales of Mystery

im lovin this, the only reason i dont like techno is its boring, like if i walk into atomic jam (techno night) at first its sick beats but after 5 mins your bored, so i think these techno beats are sick in dnb in moderation and Limewax/dylan/tech itch/evol intent have only scratched the surface!
whats do you bunch of freaks think?
im using techno breaks in my tunes? is anyone else?

I say more, it helps push the music to new angles & very soon I'm sure someone will hit the nail on the head & make a monster anthem which will allow even the hardest wobble head into this sound. Some of the drops & sounds used are amazing & I love the dirty acid sound of techno & the way Raiden, Limewax, Tech itch etc are using it is just how I like it.

Techno should use breakbeat loops in its tracks more and drum and bass should use 4/4 909 techno beat patterns in its tracks more.

What I don't like is the pussy way that dnb has been using these beats. It will just be for part of the tune and not the whole thing. DnB needs to have whole tracks with the techno beat and get back to its early Basement Records days.

Techno and DnB should become one and the same again. That means getting slower again too and I'm all for that!

To be exact.... dnb comes from rave and its a long way from rave to techno.

By techno I mean the Detroit sound, not rave... Techno is utterly different to dnb though there are good influences.

And fuck, no way would I like dnb to merge with rave.

Would dnb even be dnb with 4 on the floor? It can't be dnb without a break... its the syncopatic beat the makes your head nod.

It can't be dNb without a breakbeat, doesn't mean a 4/4 kick negates it as dNb.
Tunes can have a breakbeat and a 4/4 kick drum, why not? I agree the roll-out isnt on the same level when you have a constant kickdrum, but thats exactly what 1992 is referring to when he says 'early Basement style' and it fucking rocks when its done proper.

Whats that tune 'Let me drink, let me drink my friends ...' vocal. (Havent chased it up and I should)
Anyway, thats got a really good constant kickdrum in the main beats and it is nicely energetic.

But frankly I wouldn't wanna dance to it all night. More, but not too much pwwweeease.

mesh said:
Whats that tune 'Let me drink, let me drink my friends ...' vocal. (Havent chased it up and I should)
Anyway, thats got a really good constant kickdrum in the main beats and it is nicely energetic.

But frankly I wouldn't wanna dance to it all night. More, but not too much pwwweeease.

its Blade Trinity: The Remixs - "thirsty" - ODB & Black Keith "the tearout mix" by Lemon D

mesh said:
It can't be dNb without a breakbeat, doesn't mean a 4/4 kick negates it as dNb.
Tunes can have a breakbeat and a 4/4 kick drum, why not? I agree the roll-out isnt on the same level when you have a constant kickdrum, but thats exactly what 1992 is referring to when he says 'early Basement style' and it fucking rocks when its done proper.

Hmm... I agree, you can merge 4/4 with a breakbeat. But like you said, it ain't dnb without a breakbeat.

And its great to have a little 4x4 from time to time. But, not all the time, like you said. Then again dnb will never go back to old rave days when it was just rave, not even jungle...

Ain't like a pure high treble breakbeat to start heads nodding, proper cowbell style:

:cowbell:

Back
Top Bottom