Techno compo on a lazy Sunday? Hell yes!!!

logikz

I Am Not The King
COMPO TIME ESTEEMED COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS OLD AND NEW, AND DNBFORUM FELLOW COMPATRIOTS IN THIS THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2K19 THE PRODUCTION FORUM

Today were doing an impromptu copmpo!

Today were doing a techno compo, starting at 8 AM GMT (means ten olcock I'm Amsterdam time, you do the math when that would be in your time zone) and ends at 18:00 amsterdam time, which is 4 PM GMT. There is a sample pack, you may only use the sample pack, no vstis, any kind of sample process is allowed, but it has to be techno, any techno style is permitted, any bpm as long as fits in a techno set, 4/4 from ambient techno to dub techno to acid to schranz to Chicago House to detroit deep house, tech house, to hardstyle and gabba all the way up to terrortrance and speedcore, you get the point.

the song has to be 2 minutes 30 long. not shorter, try not to make it longer but longer is allowed.

Here is the sample pack: https://goo.gl/F91xAi

The winner gets all the internets and secret prize in the mail!!!

Exciting stuff, come on men, let's do this! It's Sunday, what else is there to do! We have a lot more time than the usual one hour, so this can really turn into something exciting,

IPDATE:

i know theres been some problems with downloading the pack, then theres been problems with the files being corrupted or the wrong format,
so below is a 100000% clean link ive cleaned up myself. ok, guaranteed. dont believe me? consider the following:

if you open the 909_kick.wav in word, it says "THUD" in a very 80s type font

if you open swoosh_fx.wav in ms_paint, you get the following:
swoosh_wav.png

if you open 909_clap.wav in cubase, FLP, audition, logic, protools, orion, buzz or windows media player, they should all play just fine.

here is an alternative download link, no get to it, its techno time you pinkos

Post in this thread to let us know youre in, and get ready for the jump off!!

Last edited:
as per usual recording vocals is allowed, singing or speaking, but no foley sounds this time around, i know we always allow for vocals and foley, but in techno foley sounds can make all the difference to a track, and this time you have to use the sample pack and only the sample pack.

vocoding is allowed as long as you use a samples from the sample pack as carrier and source.

BUT ITS SUNDAY, youre actually the one i wanted as a competitor in todays exercise the most, youve been having lots of success lately and one could say your sound is kind of techno.

cant you join when you get home?

Unfortunately can't join by the time I get home because by then the compo would have finished and plus I have a podcast recording to do.

Would have been all over this but I'm just home. I like the idea of a short burst though. Count me in next time.. message on FB if it's as impromptu so I know if possible.

Nice to see you producing again bodo, the world is a better place with some Logikz darkness.
Im a bit off on the dubby techno stuff right now and enjoy more of the 'banging' variety but this is fairly decent.
For me it all happens a bit quick, I mean this is just like you describe Sundays so let the atmo build for a while and enjoy being lazy. I think you could double your time on what you have here alone. Cool sounds, very deep and nothing sounds amiss mix wise atm, i hope you finish it.
thought i would test my Techno skills incase you pulled another stunt like this and well, im gonna get to bed now, tis shit but a compo isnt a compo with one person lol.
https://clyp.it/pgv1ekrn

Sorry I was out enjoying the sun. When the rain returns to the UK I'll be up for having a go

Back
Top Bottom