Technics SL1200MK5 vs SL1210MK5G

bone

Just wondering - any difference with the pitch faders on these? I know that the 5G can be switched to +16%, but in terms of actual build, is there any difference? Heard the 5G was digital, whatever that means? Would be dreamy if someone could shed some light. Cheers

For some reason somethings telling me the Gs are digital pitch, but i have no idea where i got that information from.

Thanks, but any idea what a digital pitch fader actually means as opposed to (what I can only assume is an analogue) pitch fader in the MK5s? For instance, is it more reliable that when you have it at +2% that the turntable will be rotating at exactly +2%? If anybody knows of course - I just curious if there was a difference in build from the 5's to the 5G's. Pitch fader has gone on my second MK5 in the space of a month - got in touch with the store where I purchased, and they cannot offer me a brand new replacement unit as production of the MK5 has apparently ceased (though it is not yet official, allegedly)

differences that i noticed on the G's was they were lighter in weight,the tone arm was more stable and had a better sound the only problem i had is with the pitch controls which felt terrible and wouldnt stay locked for very long

1200's are silver for startes 1210's are black

As far as the difference between a 1210mk5G and a 1210mk5 thing goes I thought this was just the fact the 1210mk5G's have a gold flakes in the paint or something and they have the blue targat light and blue led pitch fader?

I think the digital fader is supposed to be more accurate as with the old analogue faders of the mk2's and mk5's there are slight differences between each individual turntable etc.
In my opinion the price increase for the mk5's and mk5g's is not worth it relative to how much more they cost.

If you're not rocking 1200s you're a massive fass.

Simple as.

Come talk to me 'bout your techinical bumbaclaat fuckery, but 1200s will always be the real DJ's tool of choice.

Ken Dodds Brother.

1200's are silver for startes 1210's are black

As far as the difference between a 1210mk5G and a 1210mk5 thing goes I thought this was just the fact the 1210mk5G's have a gold flakes in the paint or something and they have the blue targat light and blue led pitch fader?

haha so i was on the right lines

Back
Top Bottom