technics pitches need help!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by dan@dnb, Jul 13, 2010.

1. dan@dnb

dan@dnb New Member

hello everyone i just got a pair of ex display technics, on both decks the pitch 0% also -3.3 is fine but when i try to line up the +3.3 and the +6% dots i have to put it almost 1% faster e.g 6% is closer to 7%. i was goin to adjust the pitch gain but wouldnt that put the -3.3 witch is fine out of place? could it be dust? and how can both decks pitches have be identicle with this problem? any help would be greatly appreciated, Dan

2. MistaNoize

MistaNoize Mistanoize.com

wouldn't worry about it at all........

you can pay to get them tuned or do it yourself so the strobes match......... really not necessary tho

3. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

mine r the same i just live with it... unless its rly affecting your mixing i wouldnt worry about it

4. dan@dnb

dan@dnb New Member

ye its not effecting my mixing, wanna sort it more for peace of mind as there only a year old and were pretty expensive as u already no lol, as i said erlyer if -3.3 is fine but + 3.3 isnt if i adjusted it would it send the strobe at -3.3 out? dont realy wana make things harder for myself...

5. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

6. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

i was thinking the same thing, how can the pitch be out in 1 place but not another, its possible its just something on the resistors interfering i guess

7. dan@dnb

dan@dnb New Member

i did think that to but both pitches have the exactt same problem.. i was guna adjust the gain but itll only cause problems if its something else causing it and again i dont no whether it will muck up the rest of the pitch ..

8. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Did you even look at my link??

9. dan@dnb

dan@dnb New Member

ye i did cheers but it didnt really help as i no how to adjust the pitch, im trying to determine whether thats what neads doing as the pitches have hardly seen any use and they work fine on the - side so if i adjust them so the + side is fine the - is likely to then go out... this is just confusing lol...