Technics <-> JBsystems

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Chief-one-o-six, May 3, 2006.

1. Chief-one-o-six

Chief-one-o-six New Member

I like to hear some opinions on this subject cos I'm gonna buy turntables this summer. My neighbour is also a starting D'N'B-dj and has bought JBsystems. But on these forums I read often that you should buy Technics. But why are Technics better than JBsystems? The only thing I know is becos they are more expensive :p

Cya!

2. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Technics have more torque than JB systems, meaning they will get up to speed quicker and not get slowed down as much when you're pulling back a record to cue.

Techs are also much more solid and I can guarantee that if you treat both decks the same, the Technics will last longer. Its also much easier to mix using Technics than it is using JB systems/Sound Lab turntables.

In short: you get what you pay for

Good luck :D

3. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Buy some secondhand Technics or some expensive quality decks once you learn to play Technics.

4. Chief-one-o-six

Chief-one-o-six New Member

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  5. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

technics are standard turntables in clubs wich will make it easier 4 u 2 mix as u would b used to em ;)

6. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

There is no point buying anything else than secondhand Technics unless you're on a shoe string budget (in which case you're going to get crap) OR have a lot more to spend and skills.

Technics are the standard and are durable so you'll not lose money (too much) selling them if you decide you don't want to dj. Technics are also what you want to learn on because they're fairly easy to play and most clubs have them.

If you're good and have the cash, then you can buy the high end Vestax, Denon, etc... Same applies if you just want to mix at home - your Technics skills won't count anyway then.

If you don't have the cash to buy secondhand Technics you're going to be playing crap (probably)decks if you buy them new... with little resale value.

7. razr_99

razr_99 dolemite

Techs are defenitely the standard & are heads above anything else. Besides the resale value at almost the same buying price, they really last the test of time.
    :D

8. Dj Warhead

Dj Warhead melvins.co.uk

llanfyllin(the home of the workhouse festival)
    if your on a buget get sum 2nd hand stantons always quality and you can pick em up quite cheap.

9. Critical

Critical Member

defo - i have the same pair of technics 1210's for nearly 15 years and theyre still fine :)

your average budget deck will be clunky, shoddily built, unresponsive, and you can forget putting them in a club situation (loads of feedback).

if you want to progress to playing in clubs buy technics.

that said the way things are going buy cdjs!

but thats a whole other thread.