Technics are back in the game!!!!!

Gloxxy

I SNORT COAL
VIP Junglist
http://gizmodo.com/the-technics-1200-turntable-is-back-1751157898

With the new SL-1200G, Panasonic and Technics developed a new coreless direct-drive motor that’s lacking the iron core that’s often the cause of those speed fluctuations in the platter. And any remaining vibrations from the turntable’s electric motor are further suppressed and corrected using new processor-controlled rotational positioning sensors inside the SL-1200G’s housing.

e8juupvolo5ejhhxnhak.jpg

Last edited:
Want want want! Just to look at and admire :)

The 1 1210 I have now although upgraded internally looks a battered mess. Thinks it's one from the late 70's!!

isn't it a limited run of 1200 as well?

Good luck getting one. Most of them will already have been vouched for and the remaining few will end up on ebay for two or three grand I reckon.

isn't it a limited run of 1200 as well?

Good luck getting one. Most of them will already have been vouched for and the remaining few will end up on ebay for two or three grand I reckon.

That is only the limited edition version. The normal production model will be available in Autumn this year.

The thing I'm afraid of as well is pricing. Second hand market is really strong and most people who use Technics know 'em pretty well (or so I think). Hipsters will make up for a good amount of their sales cause of the renewed vinyl hype. Hope they didn't jump the bandwagon too late.

"in UK currency then buying a pair will set you back over £5000"

LOL

"in UK currency then buying a pair will set you back over £5000"

LOL

Don't who did the maths there but they got the exchange rate the wrong way round. $4000 = £2739.20

Plus they've got their facts even more wrong by quoting the price of the limited edition of the turntable, which costs $4000. The normal edition will be much cheaper.

Don't who did the maths there but they got the exchange rate the wrong way round. $4000 = £2739.20
Is the $4000 for two or just one? If it's for one then a pair would indeed set you back almost £5500
Plus they've got their facts even more wrong by quoting the price of the limited edition of the turntable, which costs $4000. The normal edition will be much cheaper.
Good to know, but still probably unnecessary for me as I'm only using it for listening purposes

Back
Top Bottom