Technics are back in the game!!!!!

That price is almost on a level with high-end hi-fi record players, don't think lots of djs or clubs will purchase this if it stays that high.

I know the price of things has gone up over the years but paying £3000 for one deck in a day and age vinyl is becoming obsolete is just stupid. Do they think they can bring vinyl back or something because I can tell you not at that price they wont. If they made them affordable like say £300 each deck maybe just maybe that would of been a good move.

You can get a pair of Pioneer CDJ-900 Nexus for around £2000 just some food for thought.

I know the price of things has gone up over the years but paying £3000 for one deck in a day and age vinyl is becoming obsolete is just stupid. Do they think they can bring vinyl back or something because I can tell you not at that price they wont. If they made them affordable like say £300 each deck maybe just maybe that would of been a good move.

You can get a pair of Pioneer CDJ-900 Nexus for around £2000 just some food for thought.

Dagz, really? You know better than a ton of Panasonic marketing analysts, board members, chairmen, presidents and other decision makers-advisors? Maybe call them and tell them that they're making a big mistake and you can save their twenty something billion pound company.

Yes, they're expensive as fuck - I agree with that unfortunately though.

Also, vinyl is NOT becoming obsolete. On the contrary. Unless you've been living under a box for the last couple of years, you should know there's a vinyl boom happening right now and lot's of people are more and more buying vinyl. So, it's not going anywhere. ;)

Dagz, let me ask you something. Why do you hate vinyl so much? You've always so negative when vinyl is the subject. I'm just curious.

Dagz, really? You know better than a ton of Panasonic marketing analysts, board members, chairmen, presidents and other decision makers-advisors? Maybe call them and tell them that they're making a big mistake and you can save their twenty something billion pound company.

Also, vinyl is NOT becoming obsolete. On the contrary. Unless you've been living under a box for the last couple of years, you should know there's a vinyl boom happening right now and lot's of people are more and more buying vinyl. So, it's not going anywhere. ;)

Dagz, let me ask you something. Why do you hate vinyl so much? You've always so negative when vinyl is the subject. I'm just curious.

I think what he's actually trying to say is Panasonic aren't actually helping the situation. Selling what everyone deems the industry standard turntable for mixing that format they have decided to price most people out of the market.

What new DJ other than a celebrities children are going to be able to afford to buy a pair of technics to start mixing vinyl? None! Especially not with the price of records going up. Most people will just turn to CDJs or Controllers.

Where as if they reduced the price of Technics to a more reasonable price, people would then take time to decide between mixing vinyl and CDs/Digital.

I fucking love vinyl and will always will. I have been collecting records for 10+ years and still I refuse to get CDJs, as it just doesn't appeal to me to mix on them however, I have to say if I was getting into mixing now there would be no chance of me considering vinyl as an option. It's only because I have already built up such a large collection of records that I am able to continue mixing this format.

I have to say if I was getting into mixing now there would be no chance of me considering vinyl as an option. It's only because I have already built up such a large collection of records that I am able to continue mixing this format.
yep, there's no way I will start buying vinyl cuz for me, growing up as a Millenial, it's too much of an inconvenience.

The new Technics are basically a rich audiophile's dream come true :crazy:

It's not becoming absolete in general, but it is becoming more and more unimportant for djs.
And as 1200/1210s always have been considered as dj turntables Dagz does have a point there.
Why would you need a pitch adjust for a Noel Gallagher or Led Zeppelin record?

get some pioneer PLX 1000's. got some the other day and I am fucking loving them!

Is it me or does that link come up with this? Fair play if so, they look great for mixing on :teeth:

41-%2BXITLT3L.jpg

Very intrigued to see how they hold up over the years.

Yeah I did see the video that was showing the flaws with the deck but I reckon they will hold up since they are mainly gonna be for home use, also quite like the fact that you can change the tempo range (+/-8, 16 and 50) because I am getting a fair bit of hip hop/ non dnb vinyl in these days and need a wider pitch range, I guess only time will tell . . . . .

Did you read the point in the article about why they're so expensive?

Have you got the number because I think I need to make a call.

I feel vinyl is becoming obsolete because of the number of record shops closing the doors. The amount of clubs not even catering for vinyl. Also how many times do you see "Limited vinyl copies" that's even if they do a vinyl release full stop. But that's not my argument here my argument is the cost of these new decks.

Also I never said I hate vinyl I still have all my records, decks and mixer. I just got fed up with the struggle on the whole 12" thing. Believe me I spent all my earnings on 12" back in the day but then I bought a midi controller which is just fabulous and affordable and i have never looked back really.

I hope for you vinyl heads it is picking back up it surly would of if those Technics where affordable and that's my point.

I think what he's actually trying to say is Panasonic aren't actually helping the situation. Selling what everyone deems the industry standard turntable for mixing that format they have decided to price most people out of the market.

What new DJ other than a celebrities children are going to be able to afford to buy a pair of technics to start mixing vinyl? None! Especially not with the price of records going up. Most people will just turn to CDJs or Controllers.

Where as if they reduced the price of Technics to a more reasonable price, people would then take time to decide between mixing vinyl and CDs/Digital.

I fucking love vinyl and will always will. I have been collecting records for 10+ years and still I refuse to get CDJs, as it just doesn't appeal to me to mix on them however, I have to say if I was getting into mixing now there would be no chance of me considering vinyl as an option. It's only because I have already built up such a large collection of records that I am able to continue mixing this format.

This.

Back
Top Bottom