TECHNICS 1210's BROKEN - Turntable Wont Spin

spamberler

Hi,

Does anyone know what might be wrong with Technics 1210's that wont spin just rock forwards and backwards?

The electric was cut off whilst using them and the deck now wont spin :|

Any help would be greatful.

Thanks

Definately not the magnet. I've heard of this one, lemme have a think...

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Thinking about it it was probably a surge when the power went off or on. It's worth powering your gear through a surge protector ;). Try replacing transistors Q2 and Q3. If that doesn't work then replace IC101 (or was it 301?). The same thing happens if you get a short on the target light circuit, which is a common fault when people do a poor job of modding their decks.

Definately not the magnet. I've heard of this one, lemme have a think...

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Thinking about it it was probably a surge when the power went off or on. It's worth powering your gear through a surge protector ;). Try replacing transistors Q2 and Q3. If that doesn't work then replace IC101 (or was it 301?). The same thing happens if you get a short on the target light circuit, which is a common fault when people do a poor job of modding their decks.

Thanks DTR Ill try that :)

a bit off topic but is it bad that I turn off all my kit by one switch on the wall, not each one individually?

It's not good for amps (well, the speakers attached to them actually). Turn the amp on last and off first by its own switch. Or if you're using powered monitors use their own switches. As for everything else it can be switched off at the mains plug.

Thanks DTR Ill try that :)

Good luck, hope you get it sorted :)

Back
Top Bottom