Technics 1210 Vs Vestax PDX Vs Numark TTX

DJ Wizz

Bless, Union, Force FM
VIP Junglist
Insipred by Rocksteady's love for hatting on anything other than PDX's.

I personally think technics are the shiznizzle! Theyre fucking amazing and sooo much better than anything else on the market!

:boxing:Let the war commence!:boxing:

wouldnt it have been better to do a poll?? less aggy then haha

i see hwta ur saying but i want some aggyness. its funny how protective some people get over their brand loyalty. i know its all a matter of opinion but wud be good see what a cross section of people have to say on the matter.

technics 1210 mk 3's = "they've got no idea i came all in my pants!"

The PDX2000s make great scratch tables. They have more torque than the Technics (so obvious if you've ever used them), but they take your face off if you're used to the slightly slippery Technics. I DJed on my mate's 2000s for a while when I used to go round his place, and frankly I found them unsatisfying and overly exacting - you had to constantly adjust the pitch by minute values and even then you'd have problems with beats going out of sync, purely because the torque and platter combination was so exact that there was no margin for error. You had to be an absolute robot to beatmatch DJ on them well, and frankly I just found it tiring and frustrating after a while.

I only played with the TTXes at a couple of trade shows - and again, I found them unsatisfying knockoffs of Techincs.

I considered my purchase of decks for a LONG time before finally going for some of my own. What did I get? Two 1210 Mk2s. Why? Because they've remained as essentially the same design for more than 20 years, they're ubiquitous in clubs and just about every DJ setup you come across - and their reliability is pretty good too.

They have their flaws (hard wired RCA and earth cables etc) but if you're mad on fixing that then you can mod them to have sockets instead. Your mileage may vary on that of course ;)

Still, I opted for 1210s for my home setup, with some Shure whitelabels. I've not been disappointed. There's a reason that audiophiles who have hifi setups running into the tens of thousands of pounds can sometimes be found listening to records with a high-spec tonearm and cartridge... But the deck is a 1210 Mk2!

Stanton STR8-150's are the only deck that's better than all of the ones mentioned.

Dont let me have to vent my anger in here too...! haha

PDX are the best full stop end thread/

What i wish to put to you all is....

Name the features if a Technics 1210... that are better than PDXs??

and dont come with the bullshit... they are made of metal therefore they are better... thats bollocks....... thats like going into a car dealership and choosing a citreon C4 over a Louts Exige.... purely because the C4 is made of metal???

speaking (smugly) as someone that owns a set of both....

the vestax feel cheaper but are much tighter for locking than the technics. if you get it spot on it will stay locked and in the mix for the length of the record. while technics are pretty good i find the vestax slightly better for precision.

the technics however are more robust and they 'feel' better, plus it's good to know the feeling of whats likely to be in a club.

vestax for studio, technics for playing out ftw!

:D

Insipred by Rocksteady's love for hatting on anything other than PDX's.

I personally think technics are the shiznizzle! Theyre fucking amazing and sooo much better than anything else on the market!

:boxing:Let the war commence!:boxing:

DAMN RIGHT!! haha

So... technics lovers..... name the features of a technics 1210 that are better than the pdx??

i know im gonna get the whole "its made of metal" bullshiz.... but would you choose a VW Beetle over a lotus Exige cause its made of metal??!! think not?.... anyway come on... tell me what features make the technics better??

its not about the features.. not if ur only using em for mixing.
never tried vestax's so i cant really comment, but my technics are spot on and do the job i need them to do well!

Back
Top Bottom