Technics 1210 volume

U

User 66273

Hey guys,

Just got myself a 1210 but something is not quite right with the volume. The gain has to be ALOT higher than the cdjs and still it doesnt sound that good. Do i only need to connect the red and white cables to the phono/line? There is a little wire coming out of there too but i dont know what its for?

Thanks!

Sure you know this but makes sure its plugged into Phono as apposed to Line.. And the little wire is a ground cable, should have somewhere on the back of your mixer to screw it in

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

at least i think its a ground cable, thats what my mate called it so it stuck with me since i heard it as that!

Screwed it in, but it still have to turn the gain up considerably.. anything else I could do? Thanks for the info muzza!

only thing i can think of is make sure its plugged into phono not line

is the sound quality alright with the gain up? if so id just crank the gain up

The sound quality is not that good.. I got monitors and amp running through the mixer

I had this problem. is the sound quality just quiet? or is there major feedback? i plugged my decks into the phone on each channel then from mixer went to 'AUX' on my amp. this then cleared my issues

What sort of different volume are we looking at here?

Like say i have my technics on 12 o clock i would have to have my pioneer cdj at about 11 and my Numark cdj at about 2-3 o clock. So if its little don't worry about it, it will just be different brands being different

When playing cdjs i have the gain at 8 9 and on the vinyl at 5 o clock and it sounds gash. just mixed a bit more and seems to have gotten worse

Mate check your little earth cable is in properly. turn the amp right up so u can hear the fuzz then literally just literally touch the vinyl on the deck without the needle on it. if u hear a static sound it is not earthed properly. other than that use the aux input on your amp see if that helps

SORTED! there was a little button i couldnt see b4, just had to switch it up to phono! So fucking happy a got a 1210, will post pics soon! Thanks so much for all the help guys, cant wait for more vinyl now! i love it!

Dont wanna hijack your thread but, i got a slight issue in a similar vein. When i crank the volume with nothing playing i can hear a slight popping sound, like really quick static'y pop pop pop pop pop. Any ideas? Im thinking earth is dodgy?

Back
Top Bottom