technic 1210 problems

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by bloodfire, May 16, 2007.

1. bloodfire

bloodfire Member

iv got problems with the quarts lock on my 1210s a common problem iv heard .it seems when i push the slider into minus from 0 % the platter speeds up a little but if i push the slider down to about -0.5 it slows down but seems to be at 0% again as the dots stay still. if i take it down to - 0.8 the platter will slow down as normal and will be fine from then on.
    there doesnt appear to be a problem going from 0 % into the + range of the pitch . but what i need to know is this something i can recalibrate at home or do i need a new pitch slider or is the whole thing fucked. also could this be why im having trouble locking tunes even if im mixing way in the + range. any help will be most welcome

2. =indi©a=

=indi©a= New Member

3. DTR

DTR the village idiot

Should have bought Vestax

:teeth:

4. bloodfire

bloodfire Member

lol yeah i hear that alot but my tech have done me well until now so i cant complain to much there about 10 years old

5. DJ COSHH

DJ COSHH Active Member

Vestax's are absoloutley shit, ask Dustek he tell you all about them ;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  6. DTR

DTR the village idiot

Everytime there's a thread "Problem with my Vestax", someone replies "Should have bought Technics" ;)

Personally I think Citronic PD45s are the way forward :)

7. bloodfire

bloodfire Member

lol ah right i see . im pretty new on here so im just getting the banter . :piss: them citronics are pretty classy . im gonna get slated for this but i did own some numark ttx1s and i really liked them . but in true numark style they bummed out on me . got em fixed and sold them. sucks cos im still paying for them on credit :jerkit: let that be a warning to you all . always buy technic or is it vestax ( i forget )

8. DJ COSHH

DJ COSHH Active Member

It's already been discussed, go for vestnics or there lead competitor techstaxs

9. DTR

DTR the village idiot

10. bloodfire

bloodfire Member

ok so it seems my pitch sliders are fucked . lovely. but i was thinking what about a technics hybrid and im not talking about a bloody vestnics lol. if i gotta replace my slider for my mk2s . why dont i buy a pitch for a mk5 . ay ? none of that crappy click at 0 and i hear it helps get rid of that phantom 0 you get from the quartz lock . is this possible to do this ? anybody know or are they just not compatable