Tech Itch - Semisation

moriaty

VIP Junglist
urmmm.....right
Ya ll know i wont be the first to slag off a Tech Itch toon, and no matter how much semisation rox, i cant but feel it completly rips off Music Takes You..
hmmmm.....wha the massif tink bout that??
:jazz_band

Re: Re: Tech Itch - Semisation

freeagent said:
Similar samples, so really by that logic Music Takes You rips off 100's of hardcore tunes.
yeah..ok...
fair enough bout the same samples..
but from wot i can make from the clip, its the same arrangement, same notes, same key...
I aint dissing the tune, aight..? i think its a well cool stepper, but copying the hook of an anthem as big as Mucic Takes You, goes a bit too far, innit? Well, i guess if someone has the right to do this, its gotta be mr.Caro

any release date info ???
and anyone noticed how Penetration is coming stronger after bloopers like Destroy and Destiny ?
:towelie:

Re: Re: Re: Tech Itch - Semisation

GorDo said:
yeah..ok...
fair enough bout the same samples..
but from wot i can make from the clip, its the same arrangement, same notes, same key...
I aint dissing the tune, aight..? i think its a well cool stepper, but copying the hook of an anthem as big as Mucic Takes You, goes a bit too far, innit? Well, i guess if someone has the right to do this, its gotta be mr.Caro

any release date info ???
and anyone noticed how Penetration is coming stronger after bloopers like Destroy and Destiny ?
:towelie:
I really like "Semisation", I'm never really bothered if something rips something off, or steals a sample, if it's badd, it's heavy yo!!

"Destroy" was heavy IMO :thumbsup:

It's probably a few months away I'd expect..

Yah, it definitely does sound pretty similar. Still, samples have been used from all sorts of songs in all sorts of other songs. That's what the music was built on in the first place, and it's still going on as well. This just happens to have been one in which the samples weren't changed all that much.

bah......thread failed...
:moe: :twitch:
you lot failed misserably to see my point..or even worse..you aint bothered bout wot i am...

fuck it...jus wanted to moan a bit.
yes. tunes rules. Tech is ugly...thank you sir :who_wants

Last edited:

Maybe it's because he was sad that he couldnt do a music takes u remix.. and made this in protest?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tech Itch - Semisation

sdm said:
"Destroy" was heavy IMO :thumbsup:

destroy IS heavy!! though I did like altivex better..
and i didnt really like destiny, only reason i would buy that was for the flip.. though it doesnt carry enough

Last edited:

freeagent said:
Hey, Gord, I see where you are coming from - had the same thought - just can't be to nit-picky nowadays - apparently we're running out of samples :D

eekjazz.gif
sheep.gif
elefant.gif

smily961.gif
smily961.gif
smily961.gif

:uberlaugh :lol: :cry: :uberlaugh :lol: :cry: :uberlaugh :lol: :cry:
aint dat the truth :D

Semisation has nothing to do with "Music takes you" by Blame.

Semisation appears to be a cover verison of "Sweet Sensation" by "Shades of Rhythm" released in 1990/91. It Utilises the same vocal and string melody as the original.

Blame sampled part of the vocal from "Sweet Sensation" in "Music takes you"

mark1 said:
Semisation has nothing to do with "Music takes you" by Blame.

Semisation appears to be a cover verison of "Sweet Sensation" by "Shades of Rhythm" released in 1990/91. It Utilises the same vocal and string melody as the original.

Blame sampled part of the vocal from "Sweet Sensation" in "Music takes you"

so what you saying is that they both ripped/sampled the same tune right ?
But then again Music Takes You was released more than 10 years ago, and its hook has been tatooed to every junglist memory, so saying that semisation is simmilar (cant be arsed to say rip off once again...) to Music Takes You is perfectly normal, innit?

Hmmm...Marc1 eh? hope its not the man himself..
**sweats ice cubes**
If its you mr.Itch, please dont torture me for dissing your tune..i ll be good from now on...honestly..no..no..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........................................................
crucified.gif

No its alright - I'm not Tech Itch.

You are right in saying that "Semisation" and "Music Takes you "are similar. However, if you listen to "Sweet Sensation", you will hear that "Semisation" appears to be a reworking of "Sweet Sensation", with the same lyrics - "sweet senation" - and music.

Have a listen and see what you think, just click on the links

Shades of Rhythm - Sweet Sensation

Tech Itch - Semisation

well, ok, so tech itch used a longer sample than Blame...Big deal man..Dylan used the vocals of the same tune on Diffrent Sensation, but you couldnt say its similar with any aformentioned tune...Its the
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHH
bit that makes it similar...anyways...Semisation=:slayer:

and thats me after bying said tune :jackson:

In my books tech itch is a great engineer but not very good at songwriting and catchiness. Mixing his engineering skill with something as catchy as oldskool is a great move, cos I can never get into a track that's just distortion distortion and more distortion

Last edited:
no, i cant either.. though I bought a distorted minds track today.. though clearly for the flip

Agreed - he is a good engineer, but his stuff gets samey for me and doesn't stick with me. Still, seems to move the dancefloor, so purpose served.

Re: Re: Re: Tech Itch - Semisation

but there are a lot of producers that people will say the same thing for.. people get bored of the twisted individual sound pretty quickly it seems, then g dub, zen seem to be in the same boat and they go down with him ehehe.. though i've been really getting into a lot of the formation / reformed stuff lately.. a bit too much lately, i have to stop myself buying it soon, though it never works, i tried to stop buying drumsound and bassline smith stuff.. which is how i ended up with a distorted minds track in the first place, but i will shut it now :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tech Itch - Semisation

Moving back to "Semisation", I have put a much better clip online than the one we had before, enjoy ;]

Back
Top Bottom