TECH full version

Isn't this the same track you had in a different thread?

So, there's some cool sounds going on... the intro is pretty good, some interesting organic bass work. Did you make those sounds yourself? They're quite nice. I like the pattern at 1:11ish, although the bass is a tad thin there. It works though. Overall solid track. Nicely done!

yeah, that thread was for the WIP.
I've just deleted.

So, there's some cool sounds going on... the intro is pretty good, some interesting organic bass work. Did you make those sounds yourself? They're quite nice. I like the pattern at 1:11ish, although the bass is a tad thin there. It works though. Overall solid track. Nicely done!

Yep, all the sounds are made by using Operator, effects on Live and resampling.
Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
1000 tunes in a year ? Thats what.....over 3 a day? :D

Great track, love the drums especially as they are really clear and punchy. Dunno about the techy stuff so much as it's not my thing, but sounds good to me.

I agree about the drums; they're tight and driving. I enjoyed the haunted/echo bass in the intro. The laser coming in at 1:07/first drop is nice. I enjoy how you stop the song's flow with vocals; kept it interesting. The sub stabs are tasty. 2:05 great voice coming in (middle-laser-y). GREAT breakdown. Though the second drop at 2:57 might have a riser leading up to it; I don't know though, maybe just leave it. The different bass voices coming in and out really keep the energy up. I might put more vocals again, but again that's me.

I don't know about your goal to produce three songs a day! But this particular track is something to be proud of...

So, after a break and re listening to the tune, I've realised that it was still quite missing some details this tune.
Though the second drop at 2:57 might have a riser leading up to it; I don't know though, maybe just leave it. The different bass voices coming in and out really keep the energy up. I might put more vocals again, but again that's me.
Cool advice and followed up!

The tune on top of thread now is up to date and I've added also some rolls on at the drops.

Let me know how does it sounds to u guys, also for the levels...
I'm quite happy with the mixdown. Only willing to touch it again if get serious attentions.

Cheers

whent he bass switches after the drop, sick, personally i dnt think the initial bass stands up in comparison, then the almost monolith sounding synth u have in there sounds sick too..... when the initial sounds come back in though i think it works quite well....

drums and hard hitting... it sounds a touch muddy in the low/mid areas at times, nothing major .... its that really nasty bass that comes in one the first drop after 8 bars.

it needs a bit more filling out with fx etc aswell I'd say, hopefully this is of some help :)

cheers

Hey Evez, could you point out a few times where it gets muddy? I'm still kinda of training my ears in terms of mixdown and it would be helpful to me to hear what you are talking about. Thanks man!

the switch up which happens at 1:20... a few times sound a touch unclear in the low end, to me personally, maybe im wrong

I know what r you talking about.
I had a bad feeling of that part when building the sounds. I did try to use sidechaining to preserve the kick from the nasty pulses of the sub of that bass, but didn't work very well.
So I've decided to leave it as it is.

I probably have the issue of the room without treatment. I can't really get how freqs are working. Sometimes I gotta go at the window to hear the sub, or under the desk...

So yeah, I think is the bouncing/pulsing sub that gives you the feeling of mud...
I can probably double check if I can eq bit better.

do you reckon the rolls before drum's drops are ok? I can't really make them glueing perfectly with the drums in my ears.

This is wicked man specially if you did the synths in operator - i need to use that more. And btw i'll get that pack uploaded tomorrow sorry it's taken so long lol.

Yo.
Operator it is under valued. Just because looks crap lot of people think that it's not powerful enough.
But it is a monster synth if you learn how to rip the most out of that.

Is a great work, and the Bass work you have done is blinding mate! You really push operator, inspires me to keep pushing with my own studies on it :)

I wont add technical comments, as they are from a noob, but it sounds wicked!

Well, as I've said, it's not only operator. There's a lot of effects and resampling in it.
But yeah, operator it's the source, and the rest is manipulation.

Well, as I've said, it's not only operator. There's a lot of effects and resampling in it.
But yeah, operator it's the source, and the rest is manipulation.

You need to delete some of your pm's man, sorry about spamming up your thread, but apparently i cant send you any cause your inbox is full??!

Back
Top Bottom