Tease - December 2012

t345e

VIP Junglist
Hello Everyone!

Hope you all had a wicked time over Xmas n that. Just thought I'd do a little mix as I had a bit of spare time and it has been a while.

Thoughts and insults welcome.

Future Cut - Obsession (Ulterior Motive Remix) [Metalheadz]
>> Fresh - Signal [Ram]
>> Ed Rush & Optical - Watermelon [Virus]
Audio - Headroom [Virus]
>> Calyx & Teebee - Skank [Ram]
>> Original Sin & Taxman - Seen [Playaz]
Mampi Swift - Gangster [Charge]
>> Commix - Electric [Metalheadz]
Wickaman, Hoodlum & Mavrik - One Scratch [Program]
Mortem - Iceberg [Metalheadz]

>> Lynx - Balloons [Soul:r)
Chroma - Acetate [Program]
Optiv & BTK - Whatever (Mefjus Remix) [Dutty Audio]
June Miller & Proxima - Killswitch Engage [Demand]

>> Maztek - Galactica [Renegade Hardware]
LoKo - Bassline Secret [Program]
Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub [Virus]
Enei feat. Eastcolors - 2012 [Critical]

>> Mefjus - Far Too Close [Neosignal]
Hybris - Agent [Subtitles]
Kove - Open Ground [Program]

>> Spectrasoul - Alibi (Break Remix) [Critical]
Zero T - Roxy Music [Dispatch]
Chroma - So Alone [Program]
Foreign Concept - Jaipur (Villem Remix) [Ingredients]
Taxman - Cool It Judy [Playaz]
Fourward - Talk To Me [Mainframe]

>> Total Science - Nosher (Baron Remix) [CIA]
Optiv - Krakpot (Jade Remix) [Close2Death]
The Prototypes - Blackout [Shogun]
Audio - Point Of No Return [Virus]
Break - Breakfast [Ram]
Enei - Runnin [Critical]
Wilkinson - Direction [Ram]

>> Demo & Cease - Ladies Night VIP [Human Imprint]
Hazard - Air Guitar [Playaz]
Konichi - Simulator Music [Gun Audio]

https://soundcloud.com/teaseuk/december-2012

Last edited:
Intro was Epic, those two tunes just seem made for each other.. Guessing this is a 3 deck mix ? Or has it been made on the computer ?
The mix with Headroom was heavy the switches there were so frantic thats the only reason i thought it could be a lappy mix, if not, then bloody well done !
Gangsta destroyed the place with Electric bringin that extra perk to an already naughty mix..
One Scratch is one of my favs this year so always happy to hear that, the next mix didnt roll with me, but peeked again around Balloons then again around Bassline Secret, the mixes around that and the way Chrurub came in was quality.
Really enjoyed the liquid style rollers later on, think they really helped break things up and keep things interesting with the later mixes picking up the pace again and very chuffed to hear abit of Jumpup with Taxmans Hey Judy..
Really like the way Runnin brought the mix down , with heavy mixes to follow, cracking outro, great mix

ahhh yes, i was listening to your may mix whilst working in the garden so this is just what the doctor ordered :D

looking hench man. ive been so busy at work recently ive been real slack with members mixes but here goes.

Future Cut - Obsession (Ulterior Motive Remix) [Metalheadz] choon!
>> Fresh - Signal [Ram] - can't believe i didn't think of this one. its so obvious now i think of it. nicley done man. uber clean.
>> Ed Rush & Optical - Watermelon [Virus] - came in a lil loud to start with but nothing major. mix was good. obsession was a lil quiet in the back but it still sounded nice.
Audio - Headroom [Virus] - nice lil blend to switch it up. god this track is just rar. wondering why i dont play it so much now.
>> Calyx & Teebee - Skank [Ram] - cool man. really fused together.
>> Original Sin & Taxman - Seen [Playaz] - not bad man. would have loved a switch over to seen early on when its drums cut out for like a second (if u know the bit i mean, i cant explain)
Mampi Swift - Gangster [Charge] - lovely energy build up. stepping nicley. not a fan of this track personally but hey we sounding good.
>> Commix - Electric [Metalheadz] - fuck! out of the air, sounds good. thought gangsta could have had slightly less mid range.
Wickaman, Hoodlum & Mavrik - One Scratch [Program] - coming in coming in. great bass eq switch, real smooth.
Mortem - Iceberg [Metalheadz] - the intro sounded a bit out of place. sounded great once it dropped tho. would have brought in just before the drop smoothly and switched eqs then.
>> Lynx - Balloons [Soul:r) - not heard this one before. the drops are swish together.
Chroma - Acetate [Program] - yes yes. feeling this one.
Optiv & BTK - Whatever (Mefjus Remix) [Dutty Audio] - tis what im talking about. best mix so far imo.
June Miller & Proxima - Killswitch Engage [Demand] - well played. got whatever sitting nicley behind this just still cutting through where needed. sounds good man.
>> Maztek - Galactica [Renegade Hardware] - missed this blend. soz man.
LoKo - Bassline Secret [Program] - not bad. complicated sounds. blended well.
Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub [Virus] - cool.
Enei feat. Eastcolors - 2012 [Critical] - not bad by any means. i just like 2012 to be mixed with something similar to it.
>> Mefjus - Far Too Close [Neosignal] - whoa!!! yeah like this. thats what i meant above. sounds fucking awesome.
Hybris - Agent [Subtitles] - banging. only nit pick, less mid on agent so 2012 sits with it rather than under it.
Kove - Open Ground [Program] - not heard this one. intro sounds nice.
>> Spectrasoul - Alibi (Break Remix) [Critical] - damn man. wicked, wasn't expecting it so soon. brought out of the mix really well.
Zero T - Roxy Music [Dispatch] - drums over breakdowns are a pet hate of mine. well usually, this worked well. man i love roxy music so much.
Chroma - So Alone [Program] - ur loving the program tracks. less mid on so alone - full mid on roxy music plus a smidgen of bass on roxy would help those vocals sound slightly better in the mix.
Foreign Concept - Jaipur (Villem Remix) [Ingredients] - they just keep coming. u must be knackered. all about the orginal of this for me. not a bad mix.
Taxman - Cool It Judy [Playaz] - no offence i have to ffwrd buddy.
Fourward - Talk To Me [Mainframe] ?
>> Total Science - Nosher (Baron Remix) [CIA] ?
Optiv - Krakpot (Jade Remix) [Close2Death] i think im up to this bit. tune is heavy.
The Prototypes - Blackout [Shogun] - great mix. playing off each other really well.
Audio - Point Of No Return [Virus] - yes yes. building up sounds lovely. as does the drop. so much going on and not overpowering the mix. well played.
Break - Breakfast [Ram] - swish. liked it. felt it lost a lot of pace after the switch. not much u can do about that tho.
Enei - Runnin [Critical] - great. vocals worked well.
Wilkinson - Direction [Ram] - waste track imo.
>> Demo & Cease - Ladies Night VIP - fantastic blend.
Hazard - Air Guitar [Playaz] - not bad.
Konichi - Elevator Music [Gun Audio] - not heard this before. quite like it.

mate, mix was swish. some great skills. tracks kept coming from nowhere it was non stop. only part i wasn't feeling was after cool it judy for a while. nothing against the mix tho, thats just my personal tastes. some really good mixes in this one. im def gonna try obsession > signal later.

big ups trev.

mate this was sick, played it twice on the train today.

Intro is fire, worked so well together and as mentioned very clean.

so alone and jaipur was really nice, vocal poked through really well.

every mix pretty much was good, seen and headroom is a cheeky mix.

will be listening to this for a while

Yes Trevor, pon this! :)

Thanks FG! hope your well buddy.

Intro was Epic, those two tunes just seem made for each other.. Guessing this is a 3 deck mix ? Or has it been made on the computer ?
The mix with Headroom was heavy the switches there were so frantic thats the only reason i thought it could be a lappy mix, if not, then bloody well done !
Gangsta destroyed the place with Electric bringin that extra perk to an already naughty mix..
One Scratch is one of my favs this year so always happy to hear that, the next mix didnt roll with me, but peeked again around Balloons then again around Bassline Secret, the mixes around that and the way Chrurub came in was quality.
Really enjoyed the liquid style rollers later on, think they really helped break things up and keep things interesting with the later mixes picking up the pace again and very chuffed to hear abit of Jumpup with Taxmans Hey Judy..
Really like the way Runnin brought the mix down , with heavy mixes to follow, cracking outro, great mix

You must spread some more rep...

Wicked Danny really please you enjoyed it mate. Yeh that Obsessions rmx and signal just work so well together man, they were made for eachother. I'm on three deckles me old mucker! It's not that difficult to do, I've had that intro in the bank for a couple of months now so start every mix i have with those 5/6 tunes. I've started setting cue points at every phrase and a half now so I can move quicker when trying to mix a track to the breakdown and have another track ready fo the double. Just makes it more interesting, gotta utilise the technology.

Yeh Cool it Judy went in there, just wanted to put in all styles really, I know some people would cringe at the sight of it but fuck it I love that tune.

Gonna set up a video recording on the next one as I am now the owner of a video camera :)

Thanks again dude.

ahhh yes, i was listening to your may mix whilst working in the garden so this is just what the doctor ordered :D

The garden is no place for a man in this weather man, are you mad?! Thanks for checking mate :)

looking hench man. ive been so busy at work recently ive been real slack with members mixes but here goes.

Future Cut - Obsession (Ulterior Motive Remix) [Metalheadz] choon!
>> Fresh - Signal [Ram] - can't believe i didn't think of this one. its so obvious now i think of it. nicley done man. uber clean.
>> Ed Rush & Optical - Watermelon [Virus] - came in a lil loud to start with but nothing major. mix was good. obsession was a lil quiet in the back but it still sounded nice.
Audio - Headroom [Virus] - nice lil blend to switch it up. god this track is just rar. wondering why i dont play it so much now.
>> Calyx & Teebee - Skank [Ram] - cool man. really fused together.
>> Original Sin & Taxman - Seen [Playaz] - not bad man. would have loved a switch over to seen early on when its drums cut out for like a second (if u know the bit i mean, i cant explain)
Mampi Swift - Gangster [Charge] - lovely energy build up. stepping nicley. not a fan of this track personally but hey we sounding good.
>> Commix - Electric [Metalheadz] - fuck! out of the air, sounds good. thought gangsta could have had slightly less mid range.
Wickaman, Hoodlum & Mavrik - One Scratch [Program] - coming in coming in. great bass eq switch, real smooth.
Mortem - Iceberg [Metalheadz] - the intro sounded a bit out of place. sounded great once it dropped tho. would have brought in just before the drop smoothly and switched eqs then.
>> Lynx - Balloons [Soul:r) - not heard this one before. the drops are swish together.
Chroma - Acetate [Program] - yes yes. feeling this one.
Optiv & BTK - Whatever (Mefjus Remix) [Dutty Audio] - tis what im talking about. best mix so far imo.
June Miller & Proxima - Killswitch Engage [Demand] - well played. got whatever sitting nicley behind this just still cutting through where needed. sounds good man.
>> Maztek - Galactica [Renegade Hardware] - missed this blend. soz man.
LoKo - Bassline Secret [Program] - not bad. complicated sounds. blended well.
Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub [Virus] - cool.
Enei feat. Eastcolors - 2012 [Critical] - not bad by any means. i just like 2012 to be mixed with something similar to it.
>> Mefjus - Far Too Close [Neosignal] - whoa!!! yeah like this. thats what i meant above. sounds fucking awesome.
Hybris - Agent [Subtitles] - banging. only nit pick, less mid on agent so 2012 sits with it rather than under it.
Kove - Open Ground [Program] - not heard this one. intro sounds nice.
>> Spectrasoul - Alibi (Break Remix) [Critical] - damn man. wicked, wasn't expecting it so soon. brought out of the mix really well.
Zero T - Roxy Music [Dispatch] - drums over breakdowns are a pet hate of mine. well usually, this worked well. man i love roxy music so much.
Chroma - So Alone [Program] - ur loving the program tracks. less mid on so alone - full mid on roxy music plus a smidgen of bass on roxy would help those vocals sound slightly better in the mix.
Foreign Concept - Jaipur (Villem Remix) [Ingredients] - they just keep coming. u must be knackered. all about the orginal of this for me. not a bad mix.
Taxman - Cool It Judy [Playaz] - no offence i have to ffwrd buddy.
Fourward - Talk To Me [Mainframe] ?
>> Total Science - Nosher (Baron Remix) [CIA] ?
Optiv - Krakpot (Jade Remix) [Close2Death] i think im up to this bit. tune is heavy.
The Prototypes - Blackout [Shogun] - great mix. playing off each other really well.
Audio - Point Of No Return [Virus] - yes yes. building up sounds lovely. as does the drop. so much going on and not overpowering the mix. well played.
Break - Breakfast [Ram] - swish. liked it. felt it lost a lot of pace after the switch. not much u can do about that tho.
Enei - Runnin [Critical] - great. vocals worked well.
Wilkinson - Direction [Ram] - waste track imo.
>> Demo & Cease - Ladies Night VIP - fantastic blend.
Hazard - Air Guitar [Playaz] - not bad.
Konichi - Elevator Music [Gun Audio] - not heard this before. quite like it.

mate, mix was swish. some great skills. tracks kept coming from nowhere it was non stop. only part i wasn't feeling was after cool it judy for a while. nothing against the mix tho, thats just my personal tastes. some really good mixes in this one. im def gonna try obsession > signal later.

big ups trev.

Yes Teddy! Thank you for your wise words. Without getting into inception feedback territory, I agreed with everything you have said man. Notably the use of mids, got myself into a bit of a annoying habit with those. I'm afraid to touch them basically, or i just forget. Need to work on that. I can't remember which thread it was but I've been trying to put in place that technique you mentioned with get the levels right i.e. cueing the track in the headphones and altering the gain so it redlines and then bringing it down a notch etc. That was really helpful that, the thing it is another thing to add to the list of thing to do before you bring the actual tune in! Difficult, when time isn't really on your side, so sometimes it gets overlook.

Please go home and try that Signal >> Obsessions mix man, absolutely made for each other. Couldn't believe my luck with the intros working so well together. As I just had the main sections in mind.

Really chuffed you enjoyed the majority of it man an could see through selection indifferences. Massive thanks dude.

Also, did I get this right? You enjoyed a mix which included a track by the prototypes?! I'd never thought I'd see the day mate hahaha.

will check this man

Thanks for listeng mate, love to know what you think.

Nice one trev on this

Can't rep any more dude but hope you enjoy it :)

mate this was sick, played it twice on the train today.

Intro is fire, worked so well together and as mentioned very clean.

so alone and jaipur was really nice, vocal poked through really well.

every mix pretty much was good, seen and headroom is a cheeky mix.

will be listening to this for a while

Rep'd. Thanks so much bro, hope your well. Glad your diggin man, yeh i thought the seen headroom one was a nice little switch up :) The intro seems to have gone down nicely which is cool, I was a bit apprehensive for some reason. Hey ho.

Hope you all have a good new years!

Ok guna have a crack at some feedback Trev!

Loved the intro with Obsession remix & Signal. Why oh why it hasnt been done before is beyond me. Cracking stuff. The Watermelon tease was also good.

By far my favourite section was.

All the tunes in this were great...mixed cleanly, changes of pace and style. Just all round goodness really.

Certainly one of my favourite mixes I have listened to recently. Liked the selection bar one or two tunes. Couple of EQing bits I would have done differently but I am being nitpicky...this is excellent.

Big ups matey. Smashed it :2thumbs:

Ok guna have a crack at some feedback Trev!

Loved the intro with Obsession remix & Signal. Why oh why it hasnt been done before is beyond me. Cracking stuff. The Watermelon tease was also good.

By far my favourite section was.

All the tunes in this were great...mixed cleanly, changes of pace and style. Just all round goodness really.

Certainly one of my favourite mixes I have listened to recently. Liked the selection bar one or two tunes. Couple of EQing bits I would have done differently but I am being nitpicky...this is excellent.

Big ups matey. Smashed it :2thumbs:

Ah thanks Stu, your too kind sir.

Yeh the opener has gone down a treat so chuffed with that. I'm glad you picked up the the style changes man, that was my main aim on this one, to keep the energy and switch styles throughout!

Really pleased you enjoyed those bits dude.

Big ups :)

Eeeeez man,

Had this on today, fucking sick.
The intro was absolutely disgusting, the way Skank came in to Headroom was LARGE, and Seen sounded so sick with it too.

Ridiculous tightness all the way through, and the EQ'ing was spot on.
What did you use to mix these? CDJ's or Laptop? Either way its working for you haha.

Could tell the tracklist has been well thought out, everything just rolled together nicely.

Was sick.

Favourite part of the mix has to be

Direction and Ladies Night V.I.P sound SO good together! and the way Air Guitar came out of nowhere was quality.

Big ups man, really enjoyed this. Look forward to your next one!

been slacking since nye, got a list of mixes cued up and will be going through, expect some brief feedback here n there

A'ight, finally got round to give this a listen and it's huuuge mate! No point talking about technical aspects as you're nailing them, opening mix was pure fiya! Loved the tease of Skank into Headroom, goes off, and wow, Seen sounded even better! I'm not a huge fan of Gangster, everyone seems to play it right now tho and you've actually nailed it with that tease of Electric, another headbanging mix right there. Starting to really feel One Scratch, need to start playing it out, mix with Iceberg and then teasing Balloons - wicked! Acetate came in nicely, Whatever RMX is the same case as Ganster for me, mix into KSE was huge tho and here comes Galactica, oooomph. Bassline Secret is one of my favourites right now, sounding really good. Not entirely sold on the mix with Chubrub, technically spot on, but I don't feel those two work together, maybe that's just me being really picky now :D 2012 and Far Too Close are made for each other, nothing to fault in there, loved the mix with Agent, really solid stuff! Nothing wrong with a bit more soulful section, all mixed pretty well, sounding nice. Jaipur RMX actually worked fine with So Alone, wasn't expecting that, fair play! From there up to Runnin' is my favourite part in there, loving the vibes in there. I personally really hate Direction, worst Wilkinson tune I've heard, anyways Air Guitar with Elevator Music was sick, a nice way to end it. All in all really great mix with a lots of variety, looking forward to your next one Trev :)

Eeeeez man,

Had this on today, fucking sick.
The intro was absolutely disgusting, the way Skank came in to Headroom was LARGE, and Seen sounded so sick with it too.

Ridiculous tightness all the way through, and the EQ'ing was spot on.
What did you use to mix these? CDJ's or Laptop? Either way its working for you haha.

Could tell the tracklist has been well thought out, everything just rolled together nicely.

Was sick.

Favourite part of the mix has to be

Direction and Ladies Night V.I.P sound SO good together! and the way Air Guitar came out of nowhere was quality.

Big ups man, really enjoyed this. Look forward to your next one!

Sweeet mate, glad you were feeling it mayn! :) :) Yeh I'm on the old lappy now dude, been on the serato flex for I dno.. about 18months or so. Love it man, makes shit so much more exciting.

Ladies night just came into my head as soon as head heard direction, as you do.

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me bud, until next time.

been slacking since nye, got a list of mixes cued up and will be going through, expect some brief feedback here n there

Yes wingsy, you just take your time my man, no rush x

A'ight, finally got round to give this a listen and it's huuuge mate! No point talking about technical aspects as you're nailing them, opening mix was pure fiya! Loved the tease of Skank into Headroom, goes off, and wow, Seen sounded even better! I'm not a huge fan of Gangster, everyone seems to play it right now tho and you've actually nailed it with that tease of Electric, another headbanging mix right there. Starting to really feel One Scratch, need to start playing it out, mix with Iceberg and then teasing Balloons - wicked! Acetate came in nicely, Whatever RMX is the same case as Ganster for me, mix into KSE was huge tho and here comes Galactica, oooomph. Bassline Secret is one of my favourites right now, sounding really good. Not entirely sold on the mix with Chubrub, technically spot on, but I don't feel those two work together, maybe that's just me being really picky now :D 2012 and Far Too Close are made for each other, nothing to fault in there, loved the mix with Agent, really solid stuff! Nothing wrong with a bit more soulful section, all mixed pretty well, sounding nice. Jaipur RMX actually worked fine with So Alone, wasn't expecting that, fair play! From there up to Runnin' is my favourite part in there, loving the vibes in there. I personally really hate Direction, worst Wilkinson tune I've heard, anyways Air Guitar with Elevator Music was sick, a nice way to end it. All in all really great mix with a lots of variety, looking forward to your next one Trev :)

F to the mother fuckin GGGGGGGGGGG. Yes bruva!! You are nailing the feedback mate. What a legend. Yeh I think you're right with bassline secret chubrub bit, defo the weakest mix i think. I'm just a sucker for chubrub though.

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen mate.

Back
Top Bottom