Tc - rockstar (opinions)

Dj Jammin

VIP Junglist
I don't rate it at all, alot of emo people like it but i seriously cant stand it...
What do y'all think.

I liked it when I first heard it but it got boring very quickly. It still sounds pretty good in the club (Pendulum played it on Friday) but I won't be buying a copy.

I'm sure many people bought this 12" for 'Game Over' as oppose to 'Rockstar'.

well the first times I heard it were on net sets so I did not like it at all. heard it a few times in a club and it sounds a bit better, but honestly wtf is this popular for when TC has done loads better tunes. Game Over is better tune hands down. I just dont like the whining bass.
I like TC, pity this is his biggest hit.

i think tc is losing his way, trying to make anthems every time instead of doing what he used to be really good at, which is making tracks with amazing vibes, anyone remember 'all on me' on beatz? that was a right tune. and what about robots? this cheesy vocal crap doesn't do the guys talents justice

mrhorse7uv.jpg

NO SIR I DON'T LIKE IT

Yeah game over is a much better tune. I did like flatline by TC i thought that was a nice energetic Dnb tune

well.. its got its time n place.. not really my thing.. sick to death of that bloody whining bass sound .. but then again after a few shandys im on the fllor with the best of them...

asfor Emo kids.. well fuck em.. they have the worst taste in everything from fuckin jeans to music so quite frnkly the fact that thiose little tight jeans wearing spotty, 19 yr old, c@nts like it.. well.. that just enough fo me to say no!.. nope.. no point in being diplomatic.. i really hate skinny jeans wearing fuckers with those gay haircuts into my chemical romance etc.... i even have a shirt that says " Skinny jeans can fuck off".....er yeah... anyway..

haha!

yeah.. game over is better.. simple and more pure in that kinda wobbly way! - wobble done right!

I love Tc tho!

i only really got it on vinyl coz game over is on the over side rockstar is gd but its too short nd its hard 2 double drop coz its short unless u double drop it on the double drop jus after the intro

i only really got it on vinyl coz game over is on the over side rockstar is gd but its too short nd its hard 2 double drop coz its short unless u double drop it on the double drop jus after the intro

A good way to solve this if you want to start with Game Over and Double drop it, is to find the first beat on game over so that when you hit the beat your finger comes into line with the strobe light on your decks, then making sure you keep your finger in the same place as this is the first beat of the track move it so that you finger is in line with the needle.

Find the cue point of the record you want to drop with it, and do the same with that. Then when you start to record you mix ensure that you start both tracks at exactly the same time. If you quick enough your should be able to sync it off of game overs intro, and you would already have started the mix from the correct point due to the previous cueing and starting the tracks at the same time.

By the way on technics decks it takes fromt the needle to the strobe for the record to reach it's correct speed, so when you start the record it will be at the correct speed even from the tonearm.

Last edited:
Game Over is defo the better track, short intro but it has an easy beat to match so ya can just chuck it in straight on the drop coz it seems to go well with anythin! (if quick mixin is ur thing anyway)

Back
Top Bottom