DnB TC - Rep feat. Jakes (Catalyst Remix)

I think the vocals could be made a bit louder, just to help stand against the drums and bass a bit more. Really loving those neuro bass stab sounds as well, although one or two could possibly do with being a bit lower in volume. The track as a whole could probably do with being a bit cleaner, but overall its sound pretty good man!

Thanks for taking the time to listen pal.

Which stabs do you reckon should be lower in vol? and could you elaborate on making the track 'cleaner' i.e. which parts you think need sharpening up?

Funny you mention the vocals as in my opinion the original cranks the vocals up a little bit too much, so maybe I over compensated haha. I'll put them up a notch and try and widen them out too.

appreciate the feedback anyhow mate

Thanks for taking the time to listen pal.

Which stabs do you reckon should be lower in vol? and could you elaborate on making the track 'cleaner' i.e. which parts you think need sharpening up?

Funny you mention the vocals as in my opinion the original cranks the vocals up a little bit too much, so maybe I over compensated haha. I'll put them up a notch and try and widen them out too.

appreciate the feedback anyhow mate

The stab at 57 seconds and which repeats throughout could probably be 2-3dB quieter. It is a nice sounding stab though! In terms of cleaner parts, I like shorter drum and percussion hits, so they sound a little tighter. It also sounds like they may have a slightly too long reverb tail? It's hard to tell to clearly without hearing the original samples. Where is that snare from by the way? It sounds very sub focus/culture shock

The stab at 57 seconds and which repeats throughout could probably be 2-3dB quieter. It is a nice sounding stab though! In terms of cleaner parts, I like shorter drum and percussion hits, so they sound a little tighter. It also sounds like they may have a slightly too long reverb tail? It's hard to tell to clearly without hearing the original samples. Where is that snare from by the way? It sounds very sub focus/culture shock

Sorry for the late reply mate, had a mad xmas and this slipped through the cracks.

After listening to it back myself after leaving it for a few weeks the drums overall are a bit too loud I reckon. I'm going to mix them back down and try and tighten them up like you suggest. Also gonna reduce that stab as I agree it stands out a little too much.

The snare is made up of 3 parts, one from Break's sample pack (only kept the very top end to give it some sparkle and realism), a kick from a random dubstep pack I found ages ago (dark deep dubstep or something I think) and a really clashy sounding hihat compressed and shortened. all layered on top of each other. Glad you like the sound of it, not quite CS or sub focus but I appreciate the feedback all the same aha

Back
Top Bottom