TB303 trancy synth in dnb a.k.a Concord Dawn

dj reality - detroit city blues is a great example, championing the 303 type bassline. so is ed rush and optical - pacman.
then we have subfocus - timewarp (and someone who made a very similar tune, who was it again, netsky maybe) which has acid lead lines that you can recognize as a 303 like sound too.

so i just checked and there is no 303 like sound in the tune you posted at 0.45 you get a bleepy lead i reckognize from concord dawns morning light at best, and i think its a preset on z3ta if i had to guess. no wait it is a preset on z3ta+ (v1 or maybe 2)

Cool! I was always after this sound and yesterday I found it in this free track on a soundcloud, I've also contacted the artist, but it will take some time. I'm glad for your quick response, thanks! It looks like I have some community banks as default.

ok mine starts up with an arp sequence with that sound. so just turn off the arp and there you go, im sure you can find it in the presets.
What's the name of the preset? The same funky lead? Cause mine loads up with an organic pad aswell.

I can load 1.3 default bank and 1.4 default bank....in 1.4 there's organish pad as the first one...and in 1.3 is something else, but it's not that sound even in higher octaves

It's a very basic synth sound with a short decay. The greatness in the sound itself is the fact that it's distorted and uses a lot of filter resonance. The sound will always be there because it's clipped to fuck, so when you're playing with cutoff and resonance, you just get a really nuts screaming effect.

the sound in that clip is just a square wave lead though.

Oh yes, I finally managed to get it done. It's not that slow melody like in http://soundcloud.com/salaryman/toronto-is-broken-into-my-eyes-salaryman-rmx-1 as I don't know which notes and what timing it has, but I've managed to do my own, it's in this clip at the end: http://soundcloud.com/cyberluke/my-new-vision-of-neuro-sound

It can be two square waves, saw+square wave or two different saw waves+square etc. Portamento and soft overdrive are the most important things to get a simillar thing. It's also nice to have some filter cut off automation over the time to make it progress :) ...and FX (in this order) makes it blend nicely: EQ, delay (2 or 4 beats synced), reverb.

Back
Top Bottom