tb303 dnb compo SUBMISSIONS AND VOTING TRAD

which tune is the most magnificent and gleaming in the night, according to you!

• A

• B

• C

• D

• e

• F

• G

• h

• I

• J

Results are only viewable after voting.
Witches are made of wood, that is why they burn, everybody knows this. And wood floats like a duck. Because wood weighs as much as a duck. Therefore witches weigh as much as a duck. C'mon man this is science.

which witch?

C was a very nice choon, very Critical/Foreign Concept, really digged what you did.
I voted for B, cause it had something, that when i listened, I kept wondering how it was done, loved the bass modulation, and the way the high end was in the mix, was there something subliminal sounding in there to create this effect? It just sounded nice and crisp, I liked that.
A was cool, and even if it had 303 in it, wouldnt have got the vote at 1.22 long. Could have copied and pasted an arrangement, and it would have probably picked up a lot of votes.
H was really quite dope, very Prodigy esque to my ears, was in the picking with B, and just came down to how I was feeling at that moment, whoever this was, would appreciate a little ditty on how you made that bassline, I love those descending bass notes in the riff, a little blow by blow of that would be brill.
Tune I, was mental, props to whoever did that, maybe not my style of tune, but good is good eh
J was very cool as well, good smokey music, nice textures, lovely drum break you made there Liz

Mine was G, house music, dunno why, but I set out to be all Ed Rush & Optical, always end up with these house influenced tunes. Guess thats what you get when the majority of your dance music listening was House(circa 1990's).

Big up to all involved, always blown away by the forum headz ability in these competitions, Loads of completely different ideas, and some cracking musical ability shown by all, buzzed to be involved, and flattered to get a few votes!

Nice one mate thanks for that vote was good to get a couple after last years 0 votes and im glad you like it. the sound was simply achieved by mastering a mono channel of stems through Behringer tube composer. and some layering techniques there is a lot of different versions but i can go more in depth if you or anyone wished.

shut up michael. @tv_g sample pack and info on its way big daddy!

oh annnd can someone link me the sample pack i need it for the judges

@logikz check inbox mate

Ohhh and was a hard choise for me i really liked A but was too short so i dismissed it completely before i even realised there was laclk of 303. F and I were more my thing but i choose I simply because i found the hot voodoo sample distracting the song other than that was great. I was just very pro sounding to me.

Last edited:
Since nobody asked, but I'm a little brat, I'll tell you some of things I made for mine: Basically lots of timestretching for the ambiance drones (the movie sounds were just perfect for this), combined with multiband distortion and some reverb and delay.
The sub was done with two 303 vsts with different settings and at the same octave, with a little bit of saturation and lowpassed to the point where you can only listen the lower frequencies (I think it was lowpassed at 80hz).
Break was made by layering different chops from the different samples provided and the routine processing (excitement, compression etc).
The defined 303 was meant (bu I don't know if I did it right) to sound like a industrial "arp", very present in the hellektro sub genre of industrial.

Since nobody asked, but I'm a little brat, I'll tell you some of things I made for mine: Basically lots of timestretching for the ambiance drones (the movie sounds were just perfect for this), combined with multiband distortion and some reverb and delay.
The sub was done with two 303 vsts with different settings and at the same octave, with a little bit of saturation and lowpassed to the point where you can only listen the lower frequencies (I think it was lowpassed at 80hz).
Break was made by layering different chops from the different samples provided and the routine processing (excitement, compression etc).
The defined 303 was meant (bu I don't know if I did it right) to sound like a industrial "arp", very present in the hellektro sub genre of industrial.

i like how this sounds very posh for some reason... Are you you a posh head liz? im going to try some of these methods thanks bud. and having a copy of your one in the car it goes without saying that it was one of my faves.

I was held up at work last night, but I will go through and do my write ups tonight. (y)

Nice one mate thanks for that vote was good to get a couple after last years 0 votes and im glad you like it. the sound was simply achieved by mastering a mono channel of stems through Behringer tube composer. and some layering techniques there is a lot of different versions but i can go more in depth if you or anyone wished.

@logikz check inbox mate

Ohhh and was a hard choice for me i really liked a but was too short so i dismissed it completly before i even relised there was laclk of 303. F and I were more my thing but i choose I simply because i found the hot voodoo sample distracting the song other than that was great. I was just very pro sounding to me if anyone would allow these to be released on DA hit me up ( if fast is ok with that) maybe you would be interested guys?

But you voted for G, in what i thought was a subconscious circle jerk of voting, Ron I thought you cared lol

Circle jerk? This was a straight up mansex sexpile with a goat. My ass still hurts.

But you voted for G, in what i thought was a subconscious circle jerk of voting, Ron I thought you cared lol

I meant G not I... i was on phone such distraction... dude that tune is class well done man :D. best of luck with the judges

Last edited:
I made the track with the 303
Dude, you may be facing the offer of your life here... and yet you wanna play it hard. Very well. Was your song the uncompleted one without the 303 that made it to the judges, and you're just trying to deceive us into believing you made one with said remarkable synth?

Dude, you may be facing the offer of your life here... and yet you wanna play it hard. Very well. Was your song the uncompleted one without the 303 that made it to the judges, and you're just trying to deceive us into believing you made one with said remarkable synth?
Nope mine was full length definently had the 303, drums and bass.
I will release the stems and write up a full report later if that's what you guys want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom