DnB Tastefully Untitled - Xertegi

X

xertegi

Hey guys,
I'm Alec, and I've started my journey in producing music, and it turns out, my first real inspiration/creativity came in the form of Drum and Bass!
So, I ask the wonderful people of this forum for some feedback! This is my first track I can confidently call my own!
Any feedback on it would be greatly appreciated, and I'll give you feedback, too!

It's a bit rough, not 100% complete, but I think it's really starting to take shape.
So, what do you all think? Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it!

Hey man... i like this that basslines pretty cool and the synths that accompany it seem to compliment it well... drums are ok nothing special i do like the fact youve added some high pitched splashy hatz after second drop. im not keen on the intro trancey chord type sound but mabye thats just my own preference... the mix downs ok mabye the hats are bit fizzy i really do like the bassline though, needs to change a little after 16 bars though or mabye a change up of bassline after 2nd drp good work... i follow :D

Nice track Xertegi,

drum and bass is so cool,
and it leaves you with enough choices to play with.

A tip someone gave me is the play around some more with busses, maybe it will help you too.

I also use soundcloud to get some feedback, so I will support you on that of course.

don't stop the thing you like,
keep on making great tunes.

d'Art Fader

Hey man... i like this that basslines pretty cool and the synths that accompany it seem to compliment it well... drums are ok nothing special i do like the fact youve added some high pitched splashy hatz after second drop. im not keen on the intro trancey chord type sound but mabye thats just my own preference... the mix downs ok mabye the hats are bit fizzy i really do like the bassline though, needs to change a little after 16 bars though or mabye a change up of bassline after 2nd drp good work... i follow :D

Hi JawDNB,

Thanks for all of the great commentary! I do agree that the drum-line isn't anything to die for, and I could have used a stronger synth sound for the mid-range melody line.
I did use standard hats without any modulation, and if I were to keep using standard hats, I should probably use higher-quality samples for them.
And, you're right; I should do something a little different to give it a bit more appeal.
Thanks for the input!

Not bad, I really like the bassline, the synths also sound pretty good to me...but it gets a bit too repetitive after a while, Iwould suggest adding some variations here and there...the snare is not punchy enough and the hats are a bit too loud...but that's just my opinion :lol:

Back
Top Bottom