Tantrum Desire - High Pitched Wobble

Dj Locust

Hi!
I'm trying to get that pitched wobble that Tantrum Desire use in their tunes.

(Sound starts at 1:07)

I searched alot, but couldnt find any information on it. Currently im trying with:
1 Saw + 1 Square + Bandpass Filter
But all i get is this classic dubstep wobble. I tried pitching the whole thing up and so on. It seems this sound is a bit harder to create :D
Any hints for me?
ez

Last edited by a moderator:

Manny

i've been trying to get the same sound as well i got close with 2 saws and a bandpass with an envelope on the filter instead of an lfo but still would love to know

Dj Locust

Thanks for the reply Manny :). But as i said: I only get this dubstep wobble thing if i use this technique. But i dont know how to get that pitched effect :/
Any ideas?

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
It sounds like your on the right track with a square and saw wave, I'd slightly detune them, and maybe add a bit of unison to them. I think it's the same sound played on two different octaves. And also it's not really a wobble, so I wouldnt use an LFO on the sound, I think it's more individual hits on the piano roll, but with a slow attack and release, giving it the wobble type of sound.

Maybe there's a little bitcrushing going on in there too

Dj Locust

Thanks for the help @ all!
TongueFlap: Nice try, the higher notes in there sound pretty close. Could you tell me how you did that?
ez

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
Im using massive. But any synth will do

2 Synths. Both have 3 unisons. And lfos set to 1/4. I could prob get it to sound closer but I got other bits to be doing :D

Will try and get it closer a bit later haha, it will be my mission.

Last edited: