Tantrum Desire - High Pitched Wobble

Dj Locust

Hi!
I'm trying to get that pitched wobble that Tantrum Desire use in their tunes.

(Sound starts at 1:07)

I searched alot, but couldnt find any information on it. Currently im trying with:
1 Saw + 1 Square + Bandpass Filter
But all i get is this classic dubstep wobble. I tried pitching the whole thing up and so on. It seems this sound is a bit harder to create :D
Any hints for me?
ez

Last edited by a moderator:
i've been trying to get the same sound as well i got close with 2 saws and a bandpass with an envelope on the filter instead of an lfo but still would love to know

Thanks for the reply Manny :). But as i said: I only get this dubstep wobble thing if i use this technique. But i dont know how to get that pitched effect :/
Any ideas?

It sounds like your on the right track with a square and saw wave, I'd slightly detune them, and maybe add a bit of unison to them. I think it's the same sound played on two different octaves. And also it's not really a wobble, so I wouldnt use an LFO on the sound, I think it's more individual hits on the piano roll, but with a slow attack and release, giving it the wobble type of sound.

Maybe there's a little bitcrushing going on in there too

Thanks for the help @ all!
TongueFlap: Nice try, the higher notes in there sound pretty close. Could you tell me how you did that?
ez

Im using massive. But any synth will do

2 Synths. Both have 3 unisons. And lfos set to 1/4. I could prob get it to sound closer but I got other bits to be doing :D
screenshot20110130at145.png

screenshot20110130at145o.png

screenshot20110130at150.png

Will try and get it closer a bit later haha, it will be my mission.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom