tamboo and shaker

jeff1982

I recently discovered how nice tamboo and shaker can fill the breaks,but I am total noob at what rate and what patern to position these things,also these two are very similiar... I am using both in my beat but isnt it something thats generaly not a good idea? isnt it better to just use one or another but not both? like when you put too much shadow snares,rimshot shuffles and bongos together and it sound like shit???

I want to know how to make crunchy shaker like

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you can use both at the same time or just one whatever you want.. It are surely 16th notes which create this fast rhythm going on, try to EQ and take all the low end of, and adding a bit of distortion or tape saturation to make the shakers and tambourins a little grittier.. Also try to play with volumes a bit, so it's not just 16th notes on 100% volume.. Then layer it underneath your drums and bring the volume down so it's just barely heard.. Most of the time newcomers add things like this and have them way too loud in the mix, stuff like this can be barely audible and still give the tune a feeling of a faster pace!

Back
Top Bottom