Tam - Deep Drum and Bass Mix - Dub Phizix, Enei, Amit etc.

Tam

Hi all,

Have just started DJing recently and moved onto the deeper side of drum and bass from dubstep, so would be good if you could take a listen enjoy and let me know any feedback as any feedback is appreciated I'm here to learn!! All recorded on 2 x Technics 1210s.

Tracklist:

Raindrops - DRS
Overthinking (Enei Remix) - LSB
More Than I Can Take (Enei Remix) - Lenzman
>> Marka - Dub Phizix
Show You - Foreign Concept & Kasra
Youth (Hybrid Minds Bootleg) - Daughter
Distrust - Jubei & Alix Perez
Killer Driller - Amit
Illusions - Dub Phizix
Dreadnaught (ft. SP:MC) - Icicle
Surface - SPY & Kasra
Oblique VIP - Ivy Lab
Static - Skeptical
I'm A Creator - Dub Phizix & Skittles

Thanks for listening and enjoy!

Tam

Welcome to the forum Tam!

On first impressions, your tracklist looks quite nice, but wouldn't normally place two remixes by the same artist together, but thats just me.
Also, pretty sure I had clocked that last mix before, but turned out to be the other way round - http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/160175-Ambiont-Elevate-the-sound
Plus its always good to see someone else on the forum keeping the 1210's going.

Might not have gone for a switch for the first mix in the ride, but the 2 Enei remixes sat well together, as you might expect from the same producer. Would have liked to hear a bit more of the mix between Overthinking and More Than I Can Take rmx.... another 32 bars. Little bit of a clash a little while after the second drop of More Than I Can Take rmx around 6:16, but nothing came in. Was pleasant hearing Show You in a members mix. Did like that tune when it came out, but I think it was overshadowed by the other tune on that release. Youth rmx - Distrust sounded peachy together as that was coming in and through the mix. Would have liked to hear a little more of the mix with Youth rmx - Distrust as that was a little brief. Killer Driller was quite a contrasted switch with Distrust. The idea behind Killer Driller - Illusions was a nice thought. Dreadnaught comes in half way through a 32 bar cycle (at 16 bars) which kind of throws the structure of the mix out, but it didn't stand out too much as it was on the breakdown. Surface clashed a bit with the beats of Dreadnaught, but again the idea for that mix was good. Oblique vip - Static could have been a cleaner mix when Static first started to peak into proceedings. The switch to I'm A Creator was coarse for switch & would have loved to hear those two mixed, as opposed to the switch.

There were a few little shuffles in there where the mixes began to drift or wasn't completely in, but as you have only started mixing I thought it was a good mix for your first recording. Put the time in getting your beat matching down and keeping mixes in for 64 bars and I think your mixes will come on leaps and bounds. 14 tunes in 28 mins in a good ratio of tunes to minutes too, so that deserves a mention, without the mix sounding rushed.

Would appreciate if you could have a listen to my S Files mix and jot some words. Ez

Welcome to the forum Tam!

On first impressions, your tracklist looks quite nice, but wouldn't normally place two remixes by the same artist together, but thats just me.
Also, pretty sure I had clocked that last mix before, but turned out to be the other way round - http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/160175-Ambiont-Elevate-the-sound
Plus its always good to see someone else on the forum keeping the 1210's going.

Might not have gone for a switch for the first mix in the ride, but the 2 Enei remixes sat well together, as you might expect from the same producer. Would have liked to hear a bit more of the mix between Overthinking and More Than I Can Take rmx.... another 32 bars. Little bit of a clash a little while after the second drop of More Than I Can Take rmx around 6:16, but nothing came in. Was pleasant hearing Show You in a members mix. Did like that tune when it came out, but I think it was overshadowed by the other tune on that release. Youth rmx - Distrust sounded peachy together as that was coming in and through the mix. Would have liked to hear a little more of the mix with Youth rmx - Distrust as that was a little brief. Killer Driller was quite a contrasted switch with Distrust. The idea behind Killer Driller - Illusions was a nice thought. Dreadnaught comes in half way through a 32 bar cycle (at 16 bars) which kind of throws the structure of the mix out, but it didn't stand out too much as it was on the breakdown. Surface clashed a bit with the beats of Dreadnaught, but again the idea for that mix was good. Oblique vip - Static could have been a cleaner mix when Static first started to peak into proceedings. The switch to I'm A Creator was coarse for switch & would have loved to hear those two mixed, as opposed to the switch.

There were a few little shuffles in there where the mixes began to drift or wasn't completely in, but as you have only started mixing I thought it was a good mix for your first recording. Put the time in getting your beat matching down and keeping mixes in for 64 bars and I think your mixes will come on leaps and bounds. 14 tunes in 28 mins in a good ratio of tunes to minutes too, so that deserves a mention, without the mix sounding rushed.

Would appreciate if you could have a listen to my S Files mix and jot some words. Ez

Nice one mate really appreciate the time you took to go through it, yeah I thought the same for the distrust to killer driller but glad to get some feedback for the rest of the mix. Will take a listen to your mix when I get a moment and give you my thoughts

Thanks again!

Really appreciate the time you took to listen mate, I agree on the Killer Driller mix I thought the same but appreciated your thoughts on the rest of the mix and will try to take into account in the future. Am still learning the tunes which doesn't help! Will take a listen and post my thoughts. Peace!

Really appreciate the time you took to listen mate, I agree on the Killer Driller mix I thought the same but appreciated your thoughts on the rest of the mix and will try to take into account in the future. Am still learning the tunes which doesn't help! Will take a listen and post my thoughts. Peace!

Thanks for all the listens so far, if anyone has any comments feel free to drop them my way! enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom