talking style bass... 'yoy's

Try running a square wave thru a comb filter - on thor and play around with some other effects...

edit : this 1 kinda says hello? lol that the sorta thing u mean?

Attachments

• hello.mp3
    127.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
that's weird. i dont know i just used a sine wave and did what i said.

man you have great talent,your music is very good.When I was listening your music today with my friend we were both like "omg! this guy should seriously release his own music" try to learn Cubase 5,it will help you alot in your future career I give your dubstep tune 7/10 and thats ridiculiously high ranking if you consider that your oposition are best global dubstep djs like Rusko,Caspa,Datsik..

Last edited:
man you have great talent,your music is very good.When I was listening your music today with my friend we were both like "omg! this guy should seriously release his own music" try to learn Cubase 5,it will help you alot in your future career I give your dubstep tune 7/10 and thats ridiculiously high ranking if you consider that your oposition are best global dubstep djs like Rusko,Caspa,Datsik..

wow. thanks a lot man! it feels good to hear that, im really glad you like it. i hear ableton live 8 is a really good program to use and so is cubase, but i still have so much learning to do with FL Studio, i am learning new things everyday still, i dont want to take the time to learn a whole new program you know? maybe in the future. also, so much can be done with FL i dont even know if i would need to use anything else. a lot of people say that FL is just for beginners and that you can't do much with it, then they hear some of my music and they say, wow i didnt know you could do that with FL... its just something people say because they dont know what they are talking about. deadmau5 used to use FL, Dr. Dre, the list goes on, its really a great program.

EDIT: Rusko is good, Caspa on the other hand i don't find to be very good actually. he's really popular and he has made some good stuff, i've seen him live, he's a good DJ. but compared to some other people i just don't think he stacks up. for a while i thought Datsik was the best, but then i heard Downlink. in my oppinion Downlink is the best dubstep producer there is. his tracks are just unbelievably good, they are so well rounded, all of his sounds are amazing, dirty grimy and robotic at the same time. his sample work is outstanding and just his creativity and originality surpasses anyone i've heard so far. he is my dubstep idol.

Last edited:
wow. thanks a lot man! it feels good to hear that, im really glad you like it. i hear ableton live 8 is a really good program to use and so is cubase, but i still have so much learning to do with FL Studio, i am learning new things everyday still, i dont want to take the time to learn a whole new program you know? maybe in the future. also, so much can be done with FL i dont even know if i would need to use anything else. a lot of people say that FL is just for beginners and that you can't do much with it, then they hear some of my music and they say, wow i didnt know you could do that with FL... its just something people say because they dont know what they are talking about. deadmau5 used to use FL, Dr. Dre, the list goes on, its really a great program.

EDIT: Rusko is good, Caspa on the other hand i don't find to be very good actually. he's really popular and he has made some good stuff, i've seen him live, he's a good DJ. but compared to some other people i just don't think he stacks up. for a while i thought Datsik was the best, but then i heard Downlink. in my oppinion Downlink is the best dubstep producer there is. his tracks are just unbelievably good, they are so well rounded, all of his sounds are amazing, dirty grimy and robotic at the same time. his sample work is outstanding and just his creativity and originality surpasses anyone i've heard so far. he is my dubstep idol.

Caspa is on of the best dubstep producers on earth,maybe you didnt heard right tune from him,not everything from him is gold.I was thinking at first that you are using Cubase 5,maybe becose you made the sound in Massive.Composition is absolute quality,your bassline is very lively.... far from being boring or repetitive.I am using Reason 4 and want to move to Cubase 5,becose of massive.... for some strange reason it sounds better than reason 4 thor.You dont need to move into Cubase when you cant even use full potencial of FL,it will only slows you down.Downlink? I will try that :)

Caspa is on of the best dubstep producers on earth,maybe you didnt heard right tune from him,not everything from him is gold.I was thinking at first that you are using Cubase 5,maybe becose you made the sound in Massive.Composition is absolute quality,your bassline is very lively.... far from being boring or repetitive.I am using Reason 4 and want to move to Cubase 5,becose of massive.... for some strange reason it sounds better than reason 4 thor.You dont need to move into Cubase when you cant even use full potencial of FL,it will only slows you down.Downlink? I will try that :)

You can use Massive in any program except for reason. And for some strange reason? Massive is probably the single best VST ever made for dubstep production. Im pretty sure it was aimed to be sold for dubstep producers, it has many unique waveforms made specifically to sound very dirty. It can make very clean and crisp sounds as well, but its ability to make dirty sounds is unsurpassed. It has, to my current knowledge, the best functioning LFO of any VST, it is so user friendly, the ability to automate the LFO sync rate isnt very common, and most VST's have hard to use LFO sync, they usually expect you to automate the rate knob, which is painstaking. It gives you the ability to attatch an LFO and or an envelope to almost any knob or slider. I barely know how to use the thing, there is so much you can do with it.

As for Caspa, many people say that he "revolutionized" dubstep, the dubstep sound, style, whatever and that he was one of the first people to pioneer anything for the genre. That may be true, but yes, i have heard every single track he has ever released up to date, and he is not one of the best on earth. Compared to the thousands and thousands of producers out there, yes he is pretty good, but i dont know if he would go in my top 15, maybe top 20 if even that. His sounds are good and all but they arnt anything amazing, and there isnt much variety. I dont know if he is just going for a minimal type of sound, but his production just seems a little lazy to me.

I don't know how much dubstep you've heard, but if you havnt even heard downlink, you need to crawl out of that rock ur under lol. for downlink, listen to: Ignition, Gamma Ray Burst, and Talk Dubby To Me. His latest track titled The Night, is also really good. I like almost all of his songs. Here is a small list of my favorite dubstep producers:

Downlink
Datsik
Excision
C99 (no one has heard of this guy, but hes sooo good check him out http://www.myspace.com/c99dubstep )
Funtcase
Liquid Stranger
Trolley Snatcha
Flux Pavilion
Bassnectar
Rusko
Cookie Monsta
Chrispy
Reso
Vaski
the list goes on

my favorite drum and bass artist would have to be Noisia

You can use Massive in any program except for reason. And for some strange reason? Massive is probably the single best VST ever made for dubstep production. Im pretty sure it was aimed to be sold for dubstep producers, it has many unique waveforms made specifically to sound very dirty. It can make very clean and crisp sounds as well, but its ability to make dirty sounds is unsurpassed. It has, to my current knowledge, the best functioning LFO of any VST, it is so user friendly, the ability to automate the LFO sync rate isnt very common, and most VST's have hard to use LFO sync, they usually expect you to automate the rate knob, which is painstaking. It gives you the ability to attatch an LFO and or an envelope to almost any knob or slider. I barely know how to use the thing, there is so much you can do with it.

As for Caspa, many people say that he "revolutionized" dubstep, the dubstep sound, style, whatever and that he was one of the first people to pioneer anything for the genre. That may be true, but yes, i have heard every single track he has ever released up to date, and he is not one of the best on earth. Compared to the thousands and thousands of producers out there, yes he is pretty good, but i dont know if he would go in my top 15, maybe top 20 if even that. His sounds are good and all but they arnt anything amazing, and there isnt much variety. I dont know if he is just going for a minimal type of sound, but his production just seems a little lazy to me.

I don't know how much dubstep you've heard, but if you havnt even heard downlink, you need to crawl out of that rock ur under lol. for downlink, listen to: Ignition, Gamma Ray Burst, and Talk Dubby To Me. His latest track titled The Night, is also really good. I like almost all of his songs. Here is a small list of my favorite dubstep producers:

Downlink
Datsik
Excision
C99 (no one has heard of this guy, but hes sooo good check him out http://www.myspace.com/c99dubstep )
Funtcase
Liquid Stranger
Trolley Snatcha
Flux Pavilion
Bassnectar
Rusko
Cookie Monsta
Chrispy
Reso
Vaski
the list goes on

my favorite drum and bass artist would have to be Noisia

I listened some tunes from Downlink and its one of the best dubstep I ever heard... it sounds alot like Datsik,Tek One.Thanks alot for tip

I started listening dubstep year ago,not deep enough in the dub.Bassnectar is definately on of the best too... Crissy Criss made som killer tunes... Soap Dodger :D

Last edited:
you can do it with an alesis air fx too, waving your hands in the air will formant filter the sound. and of course a vowel filter. but not in reason of course, dont know what they have in reason

Back
Top Bottom