Taking decks to uni!!

Hi, im starting leeds uni in september and just wondered if anyone had any advice/experience of taking decks to halls.

I really dont want to pack in a skill i have worked on and been passionate about for years now but i can appreciate that if im living in such a small room right next to other people they may get pissed off by it.

Has this affected you?? Thanks for any feedback

Caoimhe***

Can you feel the bass?
im the same! movin to london in 4 weeks and i wana take my decks etc with me, but my room is gona be TINY! and with the whole set up thers not gona be much room for ne thing else! im not even that good like im still only learnin but its somethin that i wanted to practise loads while i was away from home for so long, as i wont be able to go home most weekends to ireland! still cant decided what to do! :S

Moskit

:rodigan:
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
As stated, get insurance... Someone will want to nick them

I had a box room & took my decks, had a few complaints, but 99% of it was positive, was the holder of many parties, which in turn provide: Free booze, free drugs, loose women, gigs, noteriety, friends, free nights out... Etc, etc.

I couldn't live without my turntables anyway, take 'em man, you won't regret it.

Fortune^

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
VIP Junglist
Uni + Turntables = Sex

Hopefully:

Uni + Masters + Local Residency = corruption of fresherrrrrz

Just a bit a maths for those interested.

Moskit

:rodigan:
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
A proper mathematical equation needs to be designed.

I will leave this to somebody who actually completed their masters.

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
i rinsed music all day and night... it's easier at uni halls than in a flat/house if ya ask me!

think about it... people in houses/flats tend to get up/go to bed early, students not so much! :D

Prospekt

VIP Junglist
Hi, im starting leeds uni in september and just wondered if anyone had any advice/experience of taking decks to halls.

I really dont want to pack in a skill i have worked on and been passionate about for years now but i can appreciate that if im living in such a small room right next to other people they may get pissed off by it.

Has this affected you?? Thanks for any feedback
Starting up at Leeds too.

Taking my decks, no questions asked.

Can't part me from them for a couple of months, madness!
I've been studying in Leeds a year now. What halls you to staying in?

btw, TAKE YOUR FUCKING DECKS. Where there's a will there's a way!! It's also essential if you want to take it further, i.e. play at house parties and try and get sets in clubs.

Saint

Buried Audio
VIP Junglist
I've been studying in Leeds a year now. What halls you to staying in?

btw, TAKE YOUR FUCKING DECKS. Where there's a will there's a way!! It's also essential if you want to take it further, i.e. play at house parties and try and get sets in clubs.
Monty B mate, haha :)

Saint

Buried Audio
VIP Junglist
Where the fuck is that? :D

Got any ideas about starting a night or anything mate?
Was thinking about it, but don't think so anymore.

Might get one going in london but who knows. I'll wait till i've had a bit of an inspection of the scene. Some big nights up there though so we'll see.

Halls is about 5 mins from the uni which is sweet as.

Prospekt

VIP Junglist
There's a lot of competition in the scene up here. Me and my mate are struggling to book someone decent this year for the forthcoming Rapture events because we slacked and all the top dogs have been snapped up in and around Leeds during the next few months. You'll have a great time in Leeds though, always plenty going on.

Saint

Buried Audio
VIP Junglist
There's a lot of competition in the scene up here. Me and my mate are struggling to book someone decent this year for the forthcoming Rapture events because we slacked and all the top dogs have been snapped up in and around Leeds during the next few months. You'll have a great time in Leeds though, always plenty going on.
You got aim/msn, have a proper chat about it?