Take the Test for Reasons Unknown

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by jmzmaloney, Aug 28, 2009.

1. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/extreme/

I am the nile.

At 4145 miles from your furthest extremity to the Mediterranean Sea, you outdo the Amazon to become the world's longest river. The piranhas hate you.

Beneath you lies an underground river with six times your volume. You kept this remarkably quiet for several thousand years. In fact, you're full of mystery; your source wasn't discovered until 1862. You're also full of water. And crocodiles. And nuclear pharaoh machines that run on light and can see through time.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  2. safety

safety double safety

i am the atacama desert

3. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

YOU ARE THE ATACAMA DESERT

You are the driest area on Earth. Your annual rainfall is roughly the depth of a dollar bill. In fact, often you can go for several years without any precipitation whatsoever. If you wanted to fill a pint glass by rainfall alone, you would have to have started in 1704, five years before the invention of the piano; to get enough water to drown a man of average height would take 3600 years, or the time between us and the Hittites. You really put Canadian "dry" ginger ale into perspective.

4. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

BIG UP THE ATACAMA DESTERT CREW!

5. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

AL-AZIZIYAH, LIBYA

You burn with the fires of a million suns.

OK, so that's an exaggeration. Perhaps only a thousand. Or 0.0106 suns, to be less fantastically inaccurate: that's the proportion of the Sun's surface temperature you reached on the 13th of September 1922. Your record of 60.6 degrees Celsius beats any other recorded for anywhere else on the planet. That's enough to melt an ox, create mercury from thin air or spontaneously turn oil into soup. 'strue. Really.

the daftest test ever made.

6. Original Nuttah

Original Nuttah They Call My Dad Machete

YOU ARE CHALLENGER DEEP

You hold the distinction - you lucky thing, you! - of being the deepest point in the Earth's oceans. The extreme depth of the Marianas trench, near the Philippines, you reach 10,924 m (35,838 ft), enough to drown Everest with five Empire State Buildings on top. And whereas the number of people to have climbed Everest is now comfortably in three figures, only two people have ever made it to your lowest point. That was back in 1960.

Your known contents are some silt, one flatfish (probably now deceased) and a considerable quantity of water.

7. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

YOU ARE VOSTOK, ANTARCTICA

The world's coldest place. You reached a low of -88.3 degrees Celsius, recorded at the convenient Russian research station on top of you, a level of intense cold that would not look out of place on Mars. At this temperature mercury is very firmly a solid, making normal thermometers useless; radon gas condenses into liquid; and a few degrees colder would have carbon dioxide freezing out of thin air. Added to this, your average temperature is a trifling -55 degrees, the only visible rocks within 600 miles are meteorites, the ice freezes eyelids shut and clothing to the body within fifteen seconds of exposure and sometimes even splits teeth open. You are, in a word, cold.

8. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

YOU ARE MOUNT EVEREST

As Mount Everest (or Sagarmatha, or Qomolangma Feng) you are the highest mountain above sea level in the world, at 8848 metres or 29,028 feet. That's pretty damn big. To put that into perspective, you are twenty-seven and a half times taller than the best the entirety of the Netherlands can manage. Of course, you're not actually the biggest mountain on Earth. Mauna Kea is 31,796 feet, or the equivalent of Everest with the Scottish mountain Suilven perched happily on top. And you're not the farthest from the equator - that's Mt. Chimborazo in Ecuador. And Olympus Mons on Mars knocks all of the above into a cocked hat at around 80,000 feet. But when you're named after someone with a beard as impressive as that of Sir George Everest, who cares about the competition?

9. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

YOU ARE MOUNT EVEREST

As Mount Everest (or Sagarmatha, or Qomolangma Feng) you are the highest mountain above sea level in the world, at 8848 metres or 29,028 feet. That's pretty damn big. To put that into perspective, you are twenty-seven and a half times taller than the best the entirety of the Netherlands can manage. Of course, you're not actually the biggest mountain on Earth. Mauna Kea is 31,796 feet, or the equivalent of Everest with the Scottish mountain Suilven perched happily on top. And you're not the farthest from the equator - that's Mt. Chimborazo in Ecuador. And Olympus Mons on Mars knocks all of the above into a cocked hat at around 80,000 feet. But when you're named after someone with a beard as impressive as that of Sir George Everest, who cares about
    the competition?

go me

10. Bruv_T

Bruv_T I've been naughty, I'm banned

YOU ARE LIDL, SHEFFEILD

At 100 meters by 150 meters long and 15 meters high you are Sheffeild's no.1 discount supermarket. You bring cheap food and booze to the masses on a daily basis. With such bargains as corn on the cob (loose) at only 24p each and Australian Chardonnay Colombard at only £3 a bottle you truely are amazing.

:shrug:

11. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Gutted.

12. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

i have no idea what just happened...

13. BDS

BDS Active Member

There seems to be alot of us lol.

14. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

shouts go out to the desert massive

15. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

this.

if someone ever asks me if i want to be "made big" i always give this answer anyway. cud've saved some time and just spat it out the cunting thing