Take Me Away

Lunos

VIP Junglist
was just listening to Nightlife 4 when Andy mixes Take Me Away with Follow the light when i noticed that his version sounds nothing like the release. its a lot clearer with better vocals and the level of production seems a lot greater than that of the release. it even got different breakdown for fucks sake!

It is not fair that producers and especially top Dj's can get a better cut for themeselves and leave us the punters with a shit version. does anybody else agree

that said i know thats how it is and how it forever will be.

i know wot ya mean mate, but if ya top of the Yorkshire Sausage League ya gonna get given the best prize winning sausages, if ya not u will have to settle for tesco value banger, namsayin?

basically wot i am sayin is if ya top of ya game ya gonna get given the prime cuts.

I think it was something to do with the rights to the vocals

yeah they couldnt use the sample without paying royalties
think they had the same lady who sang 'so sorry' do the full release version

The original was by Black Box, I believe and probably would have cost RAM quite a lot. But i'm sure Swift also used samples from the original Black Box tune on "Feel Me"

I thought the exact same thing mate, i assumed it was just an unfinished dubplate that they then changed, thanks for the info lads

like that sample in diplodocus on the dub.

sounds so much more goofy and whacky.

not sure if it was a sample they needed clearance for, but it's the same dealio, ya na.

like that sample in diplodocus on the dub.

sounds so much more goofy and whacky.

not sure if it was a sample they needed clearance for, but it's the same dealio, ya na.

I think they didnt want to sound as comic as it did mate, so it got changed. Don't see why tho, it was fine how it was.

I dont think its cos of the rights to the vocals cos the 'take me awaaaay' vocal bit is used on Urban Assault - Away.
I much prefer the breakdown in the full release anyway.

I dont think its cos of the rights to the vocals cos the 'take me awaaaay' vocal bit is used on Urban Assault - Away.
I much prefer the breakdown in the full release anyway.

Nah it was man, trust. Sometimes people sneak around the whole "sample clearance" thing. Someone told around 90% of tunes that have samples don't even bother to ask for clearance and this is from a reliable source who is in the industry.

Nah it was man, trust. Sometimes people sneak around the whole "sample clearance" thing. Someone told around 90% of tunes that have samples don't even bother to ask for clearance and this is from a reliable source who is in the industry.
More like 99%, but that's beside the point :D Nobody clears samples in dnb b/c nobody will bother to spend the money to sue them over the small number of sales a dnb tune does.

was just listening to Nightlife 4 when Andy mixes Take Me Away with Follow the light when i noticed that his version sounds nothing like the release. its a lot clearer with better vocals and the level of production seems a lot greater than that of the release. it even got different breakdown for fucks sake!

It is not fair that producers and especially top Dj's can get a better cut for themeselves and leave us the punters with a shit version. does anybody else agree

that said i know thats how it is and how it forever will be.

I have explained this before but the original sample was a sample from BLACKBOX - Ride on Time.........
This was a dub version Andy was testing.
The vocal had to be re done by a different vocalist as it would have cost too much to clear the original sample.

I feel your frustration because the version you are talking about sounds far better IMO

just a little thing....
Have any of you tried playing Take Me Away on 33....sounds pretty sick when your blazed
Safe

Yeah I have man, it's pretty good, I did an old skool mix (renegade snares etc) and chucked that in at 33 and sounded good even though Take Me Away isn't old skool.

I have explained this before but the original sample was a sample from BLACKBOX - Ride on Time.........
This was a dub version Andy was testing.
The vocal had to be re done by a different vocalist as it would have cost too much to clear the original sample.

I feel your frustration because the version you are talking about sounds far better IMO

Thanks man peace

Back
Top Bottom