take control - il dyanmix ft zanda g (evasion remix)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by EvezDroppin, Nov 15, 2012.

1. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

Ez guys, this is early days for this, just after some feedback, and wondering if theres any parts that aren't working :) and what you think of it!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. EvezDroppin

place is dry lately huh :)

3. nusphere

nusphere Member

Nice, kinda Icicle-esque, love the sidestick/snare thingi, good use of space. The bass needs to do more or be more growley or something. The hats sound too linear on the intro, need some swing/syncopation and maybe delay/panning. Great start though.

4. EvezDroppin

thanks man :) i agree i need to make it a bit more growly, thats easily doable, ill put some more bass automation in there, and i always get lazy with the hats, nice one :)

5. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Sounding good, bass is tight! The vocals might be a bit dry, sounding a bit muffled aswell maybe? Im not on any monitors anyways so might be these speakers aswell...

6. dj mw

dj mw New Member

This is cool as fuck, You've really pinned down a groove here. The sub feels a little uncontrolled and flabby this end and the kick and snare are not quite punching through enough but it's been finished for a couple of minutes and it's still running in my head which is the fucking art of it for me.

7. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Try separating the vocal track into three channels. Pan on channel left and one right with the volumes down. On the panned channels you can now add a little reverb or low pass them to give them a higher presents in the mix. Also, pick out key words, place them underneath the main vocal and use delay and reverb. You can also add harmonics by pitching these key words up by 3, 5, or 7 cents. Whatever sounds best.
    Hope this helps.

8. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Yeah nice, what's been said really. Open the filter up a bit on the bass growls, reminds me of a phace or noisia sound but without any clarity. Should be good when it's finished.

9. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

gotta make it louder.

i spent a lot of time trying to learn how to do that.

ended up getting Slate FG X and using it on the master without compression, turning it to smooth and up 3 on low boost. using Fab Filter limiter on the drums with boost. then driving it on the master out quite a lot without one part getting distorted

fucking baller bass...

needs atmosphere

10. EvezDroppin

wow alot of feedback here,

totally agree with everyone about the vocals, thanks for the tips on that!

going to open up the growls through a bit more, give it some more variety,

its a bit bare also, atmosphere fx, thanks tho guys, good comments, i can wrap it up now :) helped alot