Take care of your hearing!!

an idiot ent the word. a shank is a blade lol. The word came about from a weapon that inmates used to make. It was like a blade with cloth wrapped tightly around the bottom of it for a handle. Nasty little weapon. Hence why people call a knife a shank.

if you had got hit with a shank in the head i doubt ud be here now lol.

Check them out

http://www.funnypictures.net.au/shank/

Last edited:
i find this fucking hilarious how its gone from talking about ear plugs and damage to how the term shank came around. btw if u no where tht came from cud u enlighten me where the term bor came from in terms of refering to a blade.

anyway back to ear plugs i think i definately need to invest in some as i always get ringing after a rave, however i dnt have 120 squid to spend on moulded ones. i saw these ones on htfr http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR226585 for 15 quid. they look good but it seems a big jump from 15 to 120. are the cheaper ones worth buying? and is 120 quid a fair amount of money for what level of protection u egt compared to cheaper alternatives? i do care about m hearing but my wallet isnt deep enuff to care tht much. and besides i dnt wanna spend all my muny on plugs n then not afford to go and use em at a rave. lol

safe

Lol funny shit eh. Never head the term bor. I heared bora wich means a gun.

As for the earplugs i may get a set for mixing. i sometimes get ringing after mixing man.

i find this fucking hilarious how its gone from talking about ear plugs and damage to how the term shank came around. btw if u no where tht came from cud u enlighten me where the term bor came from in terms of refering to a blade.

anyway back to ear plugs i think i definately need to invest in some as i always get ringing after a rave, however i dnt have 120 squid to spend on moulded ones. i saw these ones on htfr http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR226585 for 15 quid. they look good but it seems a big jump from 15 to 120. are the cheaper ones worth buying? and is 120 quid a fair amount of money for what level of protection u egt compared to cheaper alternatives? i do care about m hearing but my wallet isnt deep enuff to care tht much. and besides i dnt wanna spend all my muny on plugs n then not afford to go and use em at a rave. lol

safe

I use these mate and they are very good. However, im still gonna look into getting the more expensive ones:)

safe

I got a pair of these too, but beg to differ. These are actually really quite bad and I'm slightly suffering for it.

They filter out frequencies rather than attenuate them, so although it gets rid of the high abrasive frequencies, they still let in too much of the other frequencies, which still damage your hearing at loud volumes. I found this out by standing in Fabric's room 2 booth far too many times with these in thinking I was protection myself.

There alright for small clubs, gigs or having band practise, but for what we're into, i.e. listening to the Valve for 7 hours!!! don't think you'll be protecting your ears with these £15 ear plugs. You'll be better off with the crappy foam ones you get from the bar. Mind you, if you put in the highest filter they do work well. You'll notice this when you take them out in the middle of the rave.

Also. DON'T PUT ANYTHING UP YOUR NOSE!!! No matter how much fun it is!!! :gang_bang Gang bang with Mandy :gang_bang

This fucks with your hearing big time as chemicals wear away and damage the Eustachian tubes (as well as your nose), which leads from your nasal passages to your ears to regulate ear pressure. Your body fights back by producing an extra thick and sticky mucus which blocks up the tubes and your ears.

If your as serious about being a musician as I am, you'll get a pair of the most expensive attenuating ear plugs you can find. That'll be £159.99 from Audio Relief.

http://www.audiorelief.co.uk/index.html

I alys use them with the highest filter.
But as soon as I can im gonna get custom ones.
They are better than nothing though.

i work in a nightclub, i use earplugs all the time, am i wrong in thinkin the foamy ones are protectin my ears, cause they work really well? would i need to invest in buyin some 120quid ones? i will but i genuinly thought the foamy ones were safe, they block the loudness out? an loudness is wat damages right?????

They should be fine if you are a barman or something.
It's just it has been said that the Alpine ones cut certain frequencys out rather than atenuate everything equally.
But yes you are right it is level of noise, length of expossure and proximity to source that cause hearing damage.
Remember every time you double your distance from the source of the noise the sound pressure level drops by 6dB.

phew thought i was doing damage exposing myself to shitty area nightclub music, no way will i damage my ears for that shit lol

Yes bruv. I couldn't agree more. The foam ones are the best for protecting as they cut all frequencies, but this distorts and muddies the sound. Not what you really want when you go to an event to listen to good music. Hence the need for expensive attenuating ear plugs, especially if you dj.

Soooo everyone in Area would be better off wearing this type of hearing protection.

I have a pair of these:
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR226585
I find that I can't hear the music properly to mix when I use them though. Even with no filter in (just the plug) it's still really hard.
I don't really want to spend £120 on plugs if they'll just be the same. Any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom