take a shit on my painstakingly hard work

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
been working on this...for considerably longer than i usually work on something.

very happy with how its going so far, even if the bassline is boring as fuck, very pleased with the drums.

6 months on from starting this producing lark, i'm thrilled at how much i've progressed, hopefully the same rate of progression will carry on through this year.

my problem is, no matter how much i'm convinced a tune sounds good production wise, as soon as i think "would it go off in a club?" the answer is always a "fuck off would it" and suddenly, it starts to not sound all that good, because all i can then think about is dancefloor factor. But i can imagine it being hard for any producer who isn't an arrogant prick to think that of his tune...

...so i ask, if this tune was tightened up a bit, made a bit more interesting etc...would you skank to it?

I think you're being too harsh on yourself, when we can do that for you. Nah, man. This shit's good. I like the darkness of it and that bass sounds bad-ass. That rhythmic percussion that comes in after the break sounds awesome. I like that sort of shit. Once you master it, it should sound even better.

Also, I think it's always best to think about making music this way: You need to make sure you're happy with what you've created, way before you should worry about what everybody else thinks. When you're able to sit down and listen to something you've made and say, "Hey, this shit sounds good." that's when you know you're on to something. All you can do from there is try and make it better. And I think you're already on to something.

Would like to hear the complete version when it's done for sure.

Last edited:
Not that terrible. Pleasant actually. Work on getting the mix to sound right at this point and time. They splitting your frequencies.

i think its promising for sure. if i were you id try taking that dark pad out from the drop. i think it slows the pace down a bit. its gopd for the buildup though. drums sound lovely though!

fuck me, glad people are liking the drums.

first time i've really gone in on a break, usually i'd just pick a nice one out of a pack, maybe rearrange it a bit and process it. But with this one i experimented with layering about 10 different snares (maybe overkill, but i was just playing about), and the kick i chose sounded beefy enough as is. Couldn't quite get the natural flow of live hats, so i found a break with some nice ones and just chopped out the kick and snare.

definitely ditching that bass, been trying to settle on something for days now, but nothing seems to fit.

It's good, I find that bass way too overbearing and pretty dull though if I'm honest but see you already have plans to change it. Like the dark nature of the track, feel like there are some evul clowns laughing at me or something .... somewhere :)

Track is cool in its idea. Sounds like there is a blanket over the speaker though. If you could the track a bit brighter in the mix, it would really pop out a bit more. Drums mix themselves up nicely and aren't boring.

Nice track, musically its pretty dope!

The drums sound cool, the sub is sucking the life out of the track, you can hear the drums/snare breathe a bit when the sub stops playing. Have a look at the levels or whatever compression you have on the master out.

not bad man some good ideas but think the bass is over powering everything else as there are little sections were the volume increases

Loses some power when the drums hit, before that the intro is menacing, the synth and the bass call and response is awesome. Reminds me of Ed Rush or someone. Drums maybe could be a bit snappier, different snare maybe, idk, promising anyway.

yeah i really like it but the riff after the drop could be a bit more involving, the horn sound doesnt have enough to fill it out so it loses energy like subprime says - overall though to me your bass sounds ominous as fuck and the drums are wicked!

Back
Top Bottom