T Leaf - She Go Bye Bye [neuro]

T Leaf

Neighbourhood Sickhead
VIP Junglist
A track I'm working on at the moment just playing with sounds and composition lately.
latest: http://soundcloud.com/t-leaf/t-leaf-she-go-bye-bye-stronger-mixdown-and-mastering

earlier: http://soundcloud.com/t-leaf/t-leaf-she-go-bye-bye-1

as always: you comment, you rock.

**************[EDIT]*******************************

done some extra work on the mixdown and mastering.

removed the silly guitars, and all round fixed the track

i feel its ready now

further comments and ideas are still helpful though!

PEACE

Last edited:
Dudee, proper feelin the tune. Got a nice dark atmosphere to it, love the sounds.

Im just a begginer so not much I can say really except that you have a real nice beat goin on, I'd like to hear this with a dark dirty bass.

i liked it. could definately appreciate what you were going for.

from a deejay's point of view, i think the hats need more emphasis in the intro to mix with, but feeling the rest of the intro, got the kind of moody vibe i like.

needs more bass, maybe just an equing issue, but round it off so it sounds fuller. also more build up to the drop to give it more impact. and my personal opinion is that it didn't need that guitar at all, it didn't fit. the guitar had too many good time vibes to it, when the rest of the track was quite brooding.

really crisp.

The blinky synth thing is really good, you should build more on that. Maybe sidechain it to something that it feels like it's even louder.

I agree tho, the guitar is just out of place here. I'm guessing it was a funny idea at the time but it really ruins the track IMO. if you're out of ideas on what to use instead, go for the cheesy approach and use those melodic woodblock or tom samples with a heavy reverb... combine it with the blinky synth sound , add a spooky vocal that doesnt actually say anything etc etc.

anyway ditch the guitar and you've got a winner.

cheers guys (y)

yeh lol, that guitar was just some fun. im deffinatly getting rid of it.

I will sort the low end out soon. i tried a sine sub but it took over the mixes groove, i might have some sine sub that velocity swaps, or a sawtooth sub instead.

i appreciate the listens guys

nice creepy intro mate.
Not sure about the xylophone thing. Maybe de-tune it so it has a creepy vibe to it.
Def needs a little more bass. Perhaps widen it with a stereo widener. It could fill a lot more spectrum if that makes sense?
Guitar sounds like you are mixing a shy fx tune into it! lol. Fuck that off, but you know that anyway.
Real potential hear mate. Well done.
respect

like the way ur tricked into thinking the digisynthstab thing is on the beat until it drops, gives it a nice groove. second percussion group is very tasty. and add one to the kill the guitar crew :)

intro is the bees knees bredrin, propper feeling the tension.
imo the main bass riff isnt lous enough, the beats carry the tune though,
maybe have that xylophone a bit quieter and eerie.

overall its a good track though matey.

just had a listen - kinda gutted I didn't get to hear the guitar but hey..........overall very nice I 'd say the drums need a just a touch more presence and I'd get rid of that xylophone type sound - just doesn't fit to me - good work though :)

pretty much this.... when it dropped i wasn't sure if it was an extension of the intro or the drop... now i'm not saying bash it into a jump up tune but it needs more oomph! (y) :D

Locked.......

Hats in intro seem a bit flimsy, just crispen them out a bit

Intro is quite long, doesnt really build up a lot

also not keen on the kic drum building up to the drop, sounded a bit cheap

Drop is moody, some mix issues in the drop

Drums are pretty toppy and not hard enough.

I think the tune is quite kool though, it could be good with a decent mix. There are some good elements in there

tunes flows and works well form the drop, not into intro tho as i said even tho the sample is nice

oh changed up on me! Nice switch there, again with the mix not being brilliant it detracts from the impact

but well written man, keep on it!

HUGGEEE improvement. Very well done.

thanks mate (y) appreciated

yeh the xylophone thing is starting to get there, still need a few tweaks

just had a listen - kinda gutted I didn't get to hear the guitar but hey..........overall very nice I 'd say the drums need a just a touch more presence and I'd get rid of that xylophone type sound - just doesn't fit to me - good work though :)

haha trust me the guitar sucked. im working into the xylophone, going to see if i can salvage it. i'll work on the drum presence man

pretty much this.... when it dropped i wasn't sure if it was an extension of the intro or the drop... now i'm not saying bash it into a jump up tune but it needs more oomph! (y) :D

yeh im having real trouble getting any more out of the bass without muddying up the low end. im gonna keep at it though i will find the happy medium soon. cheers

Locked.......

Hats in intro seem a bit flimsy, just crispen them out a bit

Intro is quite long, doesnt really build up a lot

also not keen on the kic drum building up to the drop, sounded a bit cheap

Drop is moody, some mix issues in the drop

Drums are pretty toppy and not hard enough.

I think the tune is quite kool though, it could be good with a decent mix. There are some good elements in there

tunes flows and works well form the drop, not into intro tho as i said even tho the sample is nice

oh changed up on me! Nice switch there, again with the mix not being brilliant it detracts from the impact

but well written man, keep on it!

since your post, the intro hats have been fixed. not uploaded it yet, i think i managed to pass it through the wrong send buss.

'Drums are pretty toppy and not hard enough.' can you help me here by explaining how to change it from being toppy? im trying to understand how to change this, but might mess up. your drums are pretty cool man so any help is appreciated.

zeal, this mixdown has pretty much been nuked so far with compression and soft clipping, im gonna go through all the levels and mix it down properly, changing bits as i go and maybe some light limiting.

gonna read through some mixdown threads for help too

thanks for the help all! (y)

wicked samples and i like ur hat works :) quite atmospheric for a darkstep tune but its still got a good punch on the drop

love the xylo/key fill that was good

hey guys, i have had another go at the mixdown and some rudimentary mastering too.

the result is:

http://soundcloud.com/t-leaf/t-leaf-she-go-bye-bye-stronger-mixdown-and-mastering

thanks again, i left the other versions up there just for your comparison needs

let me know what you think of this new mixdown. cheers fellas!

thanks for all the input given already people, helping me to bring this tune out and polish it!

big respect

sounds pretty crisp. i like the intro, and the sample fits well in there..

but, imo on the drop it doesnt fit as good. drums are pretty rolling, but id say tweak the snare up a lil bit. seems a bit low in the mix.

apart from that, good tune!!

Back
Top Bottom