T Leaf - Look Down (dark liquid)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by T Leaf, Aug 15, 2009.

1. T Leaf

T Leaf Neighbourhood Sickhead

A track made after looking down at cars n people at night. i thought it looked great took some lapse photos. and then made this. tried to get a certain 'movement of others' feeling, which i think worked :)

all i need now are interludes with people talking lightly and traffic.

thanks for the listen, comments and criticism is always blessed.

some level changes are needed to the drums n such.

http://soundcloud.com/t-leaf/looking-down

sorry its been a while :gang_bang

2. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

really like the use of reverb in this. feel the drop at 2 minutes.

3. T Leaf

hey cooke, cheers mate.

i chose to keep them really airy and deep to give it a sense of the overall height that i felt at the time.

(y)

4. *State

*State Self confessed VW nut

I quite like it man, the sweep effect thing before the drop sounds nice. I do think that the snare lacks sheen (not the main one, the intro one) prob could do with a tiny high end boost. Nice bit of work tho, im digging this kind of dnb loads latley.

5. T Leaf

yes state, thanks man, i see what you mean about the snare. not sure though, because i kind of like the lightweight edge it brings. sort of adds to the contrast between it the other snare work later. thanks for that though man i appreciate it. I've started to get in to this kind of dnb too now. there is a lot more exploring left to be done in this style.
    Deadeleus was telling me about j-tek which also seems like a lot of fun. might make a few attempts at j-tek productions soon.

big ups (y)

6. DNBusa

DNBusa PROOF IS N THE PRODUCTION

some good tunes man the new one look down i would try to bring some pads or maybe some smaller drum line through the intro . good stuff man 4real check out some of my tunes i think our sounds may fit quite well together www.myspace.com/sickorwell

pruvenmusic

7. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

i like alot mate! very nice!

i think the drums could do with a bit more ummmppf, then youd have a top class track. also sometimes the effects you use over power the track, just turn them down a bit or eq them

good track anyway. id probably pay for it if you carried on working on it!

8. T Leaf

ah my message didnt go through it seems. I'll try again hehe

*gist of original message*

made a few slight changes to the track.

sup DNBusa! cheers for the comment mate, yeh i think you got a good style and would think it would meld well too, but maybe your drums are a bit harsh for my style, i don't think my dynamic range work would be noticed or fit within the drops hehe. cos you like a fuller sound; but maybe my style could shine through within intro n breakdowns. big ups mate (also about the intro drumline -- see my reply to DJ Dirty Pimp below :D)

sup good sir Pimp,
    nice one mate :)
    what effects do you feel need to be toned down? the stereo work on the drums perhaps? i know i can sometimes go OTT hehe.

for the drums: im not too sure i want to get bigger drums in this one. i tried a few bigger more powerful beats but due to the power and weight they had, they were starting to draw energy and attention away from the overall structure & composition.

i liked the tick tock (almost clock-watching beat) the first snares made and didn't want to pull anything away from that. Cos it was part of the concept of like... waiting and watching? kind of like letting time go by. BIG UPS

i appreciate the time and thoughts guys -- big ups!

9. DNBusa

DNBusa PROOF IS N THE PRODUCTION

yea great tunes man for real .. i know my style can be a bit in ya face with the drum edits but ive been feeling the chill rolling out there stuff its the way you talked about the idea of you track that made me think a tune would be a good idea for us i make all diff kinda stuff and i look at life for my ideas and inspirations. hit me up at sickorwell@live.com or at pruvenmusic.com i go under the name NJOY as well so send me a email and i would like to talk a bit more about a project . no joke man hit me up drop a line give a ring what ever yall do lol j/k and we will talk BIG UPS TO DA T LEAF .

10. chromey

chromey a.k.a Impact

loving the bass.. loads of 'movement' too

not so keen on the drums though. They seem to get a bit lost.

11. Simm3r

Simm3r Gonna shmoke a bowl

yeh man solid tune, i love the splashy snare you used, soundin niice. only thing for me was the high/mids werent coming through very well on the drums as someone pointed out earlier. just a minor EQ solution there i think. good work otherwise!

12. T Leaf

had a go at fixing some areas in this track (mainly the high's and the mid's in the drums)

i would like some feedback from the original guys that heard it before the changes, but all feedback is welcomed; as all feedback will help

cheers (y)