DnB T and Sugah & Nucleoid [WIP] PLEASE GIVE US A COMMENT SO WE CAN MAKE THE SONG BETTER!

Re: T and Sugah & Nucleoid [WIP] PLEASE GIVE US A COMMENT SO WE CAN MAKE THE SONG BET

i really really liked it until 0.34, but i think after 0.34 if you kept that b-line lowpassed to 80ish hz MAX, it would sound much better
and i think the snare that comes in at 0.34 would sound better if it was snappier (freq boost at 200-250hz?)

also the synth at 0.55 sounds out of place

Re: T and Sugah & Nucleoid [WIP] PLEASE GIVE US A COMMENT SO WE CAN MAKE THE SONG BET

Mmm you have a point there. I was thinking the low end bass was cooler too, but t&sugah wanted it to build up. We'll see if we can edit in a way that it doesn't sound out of place, but still builds a little.
Guess we can change the synth @ 0.55 a little too, maybe EQ will do some good :)

Thanks for the support tho

Like the randomness of the intro, think the bongo's could do with some EQing, as could the drum work that fades in. Not keen on the snare.........The whole track once it drops is an EQ nightmare! everything is way too muffled!

What is your suggestion on the EQ of the bongo's?
And as for the drop, we will work on it! The snare will probably stay the same though, because we make this for a dnb gig. Want people to go crazy, it's not supposed to be mellow and we wanted to get this dubstep feeling to it. Might shorten it a little and bring up the punch, but I don't think we're going to search and layer new samples again ;)

Nah thats cool, shorten the tail off it and that should be enough. EQ wise tho, I dont really know where to begin mate, Have you done any EQ'ing on it at all? cos in all honesty it doesnt sound like it.

I'd start with those bongo's by taking a little off the high end, and a fair bit off the low ( bongo's are quite mid rangey) maybe boost slightly around the 1.5 - 2khz range? some real subtle reverb too?

Then yeah, the drop......Basically all your elements in the track are fighting for space in the frequency range, you need to EQ each individual element so they all have their own space.

What is your suggestion on the EQ of the bongo's?
And as for the drop, we will work on it! The snare will probably stay the same though, because we make this for a dnb gig. Want people to go crazy, it's not supposed to be mellow and we wanted to get this dubstep feeling to it. Might shorten it a little and bring up the punch, but I don't think we're going to search and layer new samples again ;)

you dont have to change it, just boost it between 200-250hz

trust me

Nah thats cool, shorten the tail off it and that should be enough. EQ wise tho, I dont really know where to begin mate, Have you done any EQ'ing on it at all? cos in all honesty it doesnt sound like it.

I'd start with those bongo's by taking a little off the high end, and a fair bit off the low ( bongo's are quite mid rangey) maybe boost slightly around the 1.5 - 2khz range? some real subtle reverb too?

Then yeah, the drop......Basically all your elements in the track are fighting for space in the frequency range, you need to EQ each individual element so they all have their own space.

Mmm.. well yea actually we EQ'ed the bongo's a lot already, but I'll take a second look at it. It's obviously important that they sound right. The reverb is a clever tool too, I'll add it for sure :)
As for the drop, well we didn't EQ anything there yet, only build the synth today.

you dont have to change it, just boost it between 200-250hz

trust me

I guess we'll experiment a little with boosting and shortening the high end leashes. But thanks for the idea, we'll definitely try out a boost on the lowermids (200-250hz)

Back
Top Bottom