System - Lights (Crypticz Remix)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by parsons19, Apr 16, 2012.

1. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Howdy guys,

Ok. I am going to be honest here. I was kinda lazy with this one. I just wanted to get it finished! And quickly!

Apologies to underspawn and the guys that posted in my topic back when this was a WIP. They gave me some nice ideas of adding in more effects and variation! I didn't ignore you guys, I just didn't use your ideas! :lol:

Hopefully you do enjoy it though, and now I can focus on my new EP now. ohhh shiny!

Jordan

2. JHSE23

JHSE23 the yen

like it man. good 4am driving tune

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I like the style of this one mate. Theres some real rezzy spikes going on in the intro, check that with a spectrum analyzer, maybe it just needs a couple of notch cuts in the EQ here and there.

Kick needs more crunch to it IMO, but I'm liking where this is heading fella

4. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Wow, swift responses cheers for the comments guys! Glad you like it :)

Funny you mention the kick Fletch, someone else said this about a different track of mine. Just to double check, as I am sure you can confirm, am I correct that a cut should be done on the kick so it doesn't clash with the kick? This is what I do and I think this might be why some of my kicks don't have what everyone desires in the punch and power department! :lol:

5. Dom!Reavers!

Dom!Reavers! Member

dyou mean cut the kick to stop it clashing with the sub? most definately in a bass heavy tune like this, also a nice little boost at 100hz will help the transient of the kick break through that sub a little more, just a little one though its already sounding pretty tight. nice tune, i love the snare and the bassline, i think adding a little kick snare shuffle to the drums every 16 bars could really help add some interest too, good work though, solid track :)

6. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Yeah I did mean with the sub! Got me mucking words fuddled! haha. Cheers for clarifying that man, I am going to take extra care with EQing my kicks from now on I think :)

Glad you like it too!

7. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Yep. I usually layer two kicks, one with a lower end thump (like the one you have) and one with a little more mid range crunch to it. I also usually cut anything below around 50-60hz from the kicks to stop them interfering with the sub, and boost by a db or two around 120hz depending on the sample.

8. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Wicked Fletch, cheers :D

Learn something new everyday in the production world!