synthesis 4 n000bz

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
where the fuck do i start? i have literally no idea what i'm doing and i feel like a wasteman using presets

youtube> tutorial

what DAW you in/ what Synth you using

search pad/ reece / sub / trance (whatever you want to do first) and then in sytrus / massive in youtube bro..

I would think that's the easiest way to learn ( its certainly the only way i learnt how to make cool sounds )

or if you want to get into every little detail then download the massive manual pdf

Start by learning what each individual waveform sounds like. From there you can focus on the ADSR Envelope (attack decay sustain and release) and how that affects the sound. After that, you can look into filter envelopes, automations, FX chains, LFO's etc etc. It's a steep learning curve but one that you will benefit greatly from. I'm guessing right now no matter how things are explained to you, you still have trouble grasping it, and dont worry, that happened to all of us at one point.

For me, I was trying to understand it for what seemed like ages, but then it just kinda "clicked" and since then I havn't looked back. It will be like this for you too soon, just don't rush it. Watch a shit load of tutorials on youtube, and don't limit yourself to tutorials within your DAW, spread your wings and watch any tut you can find. All of them will eventually gel together and your understanding of synthesis will grow.

Start by learning what each individual waveform sounds like. From there you can focus on the ADSR Envelope (attack decay sustain and release) and how that affects the sound. After that, you can look into filter envelopes, automations, FX chains, LFO's etc etc. It's a steep learning curve but one that you will benefit greatly from. I'm guessing right now no matter how things are explained to you, you still have trouble grasping it, and dont worry, that happened to all of us at one point.

For me, I was trying to understand it for what seemed like ages, but then it just kinda "clicked" and since then I havn't looked back. It will be like this for you too soon, just don't rush it. Watch a shit load of tutorials on youtube, and don't limit yourself to tutorials within your DAW, spread your wings and watch any tut you can find. All of them will eventually gel together and your understanding of synthesis will grow.

Listen to Fletch! He basically taught me synthesis!

For me too it eventually 'clicked' and then you start finding techniques and stuff you like. If you have friends that produce get them to show you, after Fletch gave me some really great pointers it made sense but I still struggled to actually make sounds, I got my friend to show me how he made some sounds and it really opened it up to me! Don't over complicate things is my tip, but it really depends what you;re making too

Find some presets you like the actually go into the synth and look how that sound was made, learn the ADSR aswell. It takes a fuck load of time to know what your doing haha

I fucking hate these topics because this is exactly how i felt for a long time.

This shits on my bedside table. 10 fucken hours of masterclass. Rob Papen fucking taught Noisia.

http://www.robpapen.com/dvd-sound-design.html

RobPapen_Book&DVDs_mid.png

Learn what each parameter does and how it affects the sound. Then start with a blank sinewave and go from there.
You will learn a lot more starting from scratch and putting some time and effort into it than watching a tutorial, bar the Rob Papen thing.

Its the best way to learn IMO

I'm serious tho, if you're serious about making money and especially a career out of making music; listen to mainstream stuff (aka, the shit PEOPLE ARE PAYING MONEY FOR), there's probably 20 presets that make up every one of those tracks, plus some vengeance samples.

But they're making money, so fuck it, make ya bread rise my dude. Now if you're trying to be some crazy buckwild out-of-the-box progressive experimental research facility of an artist, don't expect it to be your money maker, at least not for a long motha fuckin time. And even then, you still need to be finishing songs.

where the fuck do i start? i have literally no idea what i'm doing and i feel like a wasteman using presets

Basically,

This.

good luck. :2thumbs:

I'm serious tho, if you're serious about making money and especially a career out of making music; listen to mainstream stuff (aka, the shit PEOPLE ARE PAYING MONEY FOR), there's probably 20 presets that make up every one of those tracks, plus some vengeance samples.

But they're making money, so fuck it, make ya bread rise my dude. Now if you're trying to be some crazy buckwild out-of-the-box progressive experimental research facility of an artist, don't expect it to be your money maker, at least not for a long motha fuckin time. And even then, you still need to be finishing songs.

are you trolling?

Back
Top Bottom