Synth help

I've got a link to a tune i've been working on - http://www.dnbshare.com/download/Niceneasy-untitled.mp3.html - the bass synth is reeealy shitty(but has potential), If you was me, what would you do to make it sound crisp.

P.s there is a crackle on some of the notes, if you've got any ideas on how to supress them that would be good too!

ez - sounds ok mate, i think the crackling sounds (if its not the samples themselves) is possibly your whole mix is clipping (in the red) or your computer simply cant handle the data?? what sort of spec is it running at? the natural thing to do is to make it as loud as possible, but thats not quite the case in reality, its all about balance - volume balance across the whole audio spectrum within the composition.

i like the idea here tho, have a fiddle and turn it down a tad, a few db below zero. im no expert but it could solve it??

It does it even when the voulme channel on the mixer is turned down low :P, I think i can sort the crackle out now. How do you get a bass synth that distorted to sound all crip and sweet. This is the part of production that baffles me :mad:. When i go to EQ it, it gets more synthy and further away, sounds like it's in a box n shit.

this could be a case of going back and recording the sample again - its not such a problem if its low, cos you can obviously use some gain tools to bring it up, theres lots of options there, but on the other hand if the original sound was clipping when you made it, theres not alot you can do to salvage it, and it will more than likely drown everything else in the mix.

apply the same rule of thumb when actually recording your sounds/samples in Reason, Fruity, whatever - always go for a nice balanced sound, if needs extra ooomph when you lay it down, its not an issue - but the reverse can be a pain in arse for sure, ive been there mate:)

another option is to split / copy your synth or bass sounds into several tracks - this will give much more sway over the whole and individual sounds of the same sound if you know what i mean. filter off all the highs on one, filter off all the lows on another - add distortion or whatever to the one with the bass rolled off, experiment with this sort of thing and you'll be surprised what you can do with just one sound

great ideas. not sure about the problem it could be a number of things but i would like to hear the finished track. pm me it when its done. cheers Dan

Right guys, you've all been a big help with this track, the only thing left now, is the daunting task of the drums :)! should keep me busy for the next week. I've also wrote some lyrics for it and i've got a female artist in mind. once i've got it all together i'm going to mix it down and do some last tinkers with the levels etc. to get it sweet. I'm going to post it in the next hour or less. peace all and thanks!

Right guys, you've all been a big help with this track, the only thing left now, is the daunting task of the drums :)! should keep me busy for the next week. I've also wrote some lyrics for it and i've got a female artist in mind. once i've got it all together i'm going to mix it down and do some last tinkers with the levels etc. to get it sweet. I'm going to post it in the next hour or less. peace all and thanks!

glad to be of help bro!

hope it works out, post some links up of progress:) sounds interesting

Back
Top Bottom