SynPlant

I picked it up about 3 months ago... it is WONDERFUL in every way.

It does GREAT Percussion along with everything else really well... solid bass, big pads, it'll do leads too.

What really impresses me about it and what sets it apart from anything else I've 'ever' played with is the fact that it can be used to make 'Synth Percussive Combination' Patches.

Anyone that's used a Rompler like the Korg Triton will know what I'm on about: on the Triton, when one makes a 'drum kit', he assigns a sound to each individual key... or can assign a sound to an octave, etc. That's all good and well and has been around for decades... but that's for sampled material.

With Synplant, one can do the same thing, except in this case, it's not being done with samples but with the results of a Synthesizer!!! It is truly fantastic!!

The ONLY drawback I've come across is that the user cannot automate 'any' of the parameters in the "DNA section" which in essence, has all the bloody parameters that one would want to automate, lol... I've been told by the designers that this was left out of the original build for reasons of complications and multiple stability issues. I was told that it 'might' be rectified and added in a future patch.

I can only hope... because I've got a tune that desperately needs the filter cutoff to be automated on a Synplant patch and I can't go forward until I can make that riff come to life with the automation.

Besides that one hickey... it is an absolute STEAL for the price... it sounds as good as a soft synth can get imo, ease of use is 10/10, and it is a gem to look at... and most of all, (no bullshit), it's one of the funnest synths I've ever played with (hard or soft).

If you're thinking about purchasing it, guys... (and you don't have uTonic, which is only the best soft Drum synth in existence) grab uTonic while you're at it, they give a solid deal for buying both of them at once.

I'm sorry to ramble on and on about this... Sonic Charge is by far my favorite soft synth Company around and I take any chance I can to speak well of their work.

p.s. both uTonic and Synplant use 'hardly' any CPU, they're expertly programmed

Last edited:
Oh yeah, lol... one other thing... Synplant "requires VST 2.4"

I'm still on an ooooold build of Cubase.

Cubase SE 1.07 with VST 2.0 and guess what... it runs like a charm and never misses a beat.

The guys at Sonic Charge are geniuses at what they do!

:imgonnahushnow:

sounds cool, but any way to control/finetune ur sounds like changing envelopes/fx/modulation, looks like a random generator

sounds cool, but any way to control/finetune ur sounds like changing envelopes/fx/modulation, looks like a random generator

Yes there is, it's called the 'Mutate' section (looks like DNA). That's the section that houses all of the parameters for the patch.

My only complaint with the synth at this time is that (as far as I know) there is no way to automate any of those parameters. Sure, you can play with them in realtime, but you can't lay any automation down like you would with any other typical parameter on another synth.

http://www.soniccharge.com/synplant

Mutate
Once you are ready to get your hands dirty and dig deeper into the anatomy of Synplant you will have the option to crack open your sound seeds and modify their underlying genetic code.

Back
Top Bottom