junglist
VIP Junglist
UMUpzYE.jpg

http://www.discogs.com/label/Blackout+Music+NL

symmetry.gif

not-bad.gif

Last edited:
lol 1st world problems.

not at all mate. is this forum only for really important problems? if so, i apologize. just thought it's pretty weird that 2 dnb labels have pretty much an identical logo. if i had found a similar logo on a lets say techno/house (or whatever) music label, i wouldn't have cared at all, because they're different scenes. don't really know where this tech looking thing has it's roots, but i bet the guy who did it for symmetry did not designed it from scratch. just like the already mentioned metalheadz logo with the scull - you can't copyright a scull, everyone can use it to design logos or whatever. and there are shitloads of logos with a scull. just like everyone can take geometrical shapes and add and reaarrange these like they want.

however it would be lame (+ illeagal if found too similar) to use a metalheadz-looking scull not only on a dnb label, but wherever, because it's so distinct/different. the symmetry tech logo however is pretty generic and defo doesn't have such a wide range of protection....but it should cover at least the dnb scene. otherwise everyone could just take hospitals "h with that ring" logo, type the word "hebrew records" under it and start their dnb label with it.

is it so hard nowadays to make something different, imaginative, original rather than just to copy others (fro mthe same scene)?

this is exactly the same thing as with danny byrd taking quest, changing few bits here and adding few there and then calling it his own. or waveform. or whatever other example. it's a bad sign if dnb starts to inbreed with itself.

Back
Top Bottom