Symmetry Signature

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
This is Who We Are.
Even If we were Raised By Wolves.

I'm flying to Havana, come Away With Me?
We promised Roxy Music but Sometimes We Lie.
Just Let Me Go
No Alibi, no Afterthought, no Contradiction...

No Reply.

I Think I Love You. This Love So True

Yet I am still Down Somehow.

artworks-000045486497-0bojpi-t500x500.jpg

Hahaha love the play on words style TL, always good to see someone trying to break the mould.

I know exactly how good that Love So True > Down Somehow mix is cant wait to have a listen (y)
Will jot some thoughts mang. Nice to see a new mix from you AJ!

Thanks guys. Hope you all like it.

I did very much so.

The opening was a great contrast of two styles with that Chubrub tease.

Thought that some of the layering of the vocals over each other was really good man in particular the Away With Me Remix > Roxy Music blend. Will be giving that a whirl!
Afterthought > Contradictions made for a good double probably one of my favourites in there, doubled out of nowhere! wicked.
No Reply > I Think I Love You worked really well. the way the pianos of no reply switched to I think I love you's was spot on.
Love So True VIP worked great leaving the vocal over the top. vibes. Then to finish on that Down Somehow mix is quality man. swish.

So much great stuff in this mix man (y) downloading

Legend as alway Stu.
Thanks for listening and sharing your comments/thoughts. Appreciate it buddy.

probably my fave mix from you man

intro worked really well, chubrub came in seamlessly and worked really well, didn't overpower who we are either.

away with me and havana worked great, the vocal poking over the bass was nice although i felt that you took out havana slightly too aggressively, although that's a minor critique.

let me go and alibi remixes unsurprisingly worked really well, the drums were perfect with each other and it rolled out nicely.

afterthough and contradiction was probably my fav mix, came in out of nowhere but didn't sound remotely harsh, props.
no reply after that kept the deeper vibe going then the i think i love you remix worked brilliantly with it, such a good tune for a sunny day as well!

wasn't so sure about love so true with it but can't have everything! down somehow is great, hadn't heard it before but the mix sounded sweet and was really enjoyable.

beatmatching was spot on throughout and every tune worked with the other, or near enough. gona have this on rotation a lot man, real good stuff :)

yeah real good tunes, some of my favourites in there, such good vibes from the soulful singing and piano tunes.. cant really pick out anywhere that i didn't like a mix. need to get some of these tunes! definitely one for the iPod

probably my fave mix from you man

Thanks J. I was a bit anixous about uploading this one tbh, feel a bit silly now. Really glad you liked it mate.

i felt that you took out havana slightly too aggressively
Oh yes, totally agree. I did 8 takes of this mix and only got the transition right on a few of them. It needed a slower fade out really. If you let the mix roll out for longer its perfect but then didn't have enough time to get roxy music in the right place.

afterthough and contradiction was probably my fav mix, came in out of nowhere but didn't sound remotely harsh, props.
thats why I recorded this so many times. this blend was a bitch to get right.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah real good tunes, some of my favourites in there, such good vibes from the soulful singing and piano tunes.. cant really pick out anywhere that i didn't like a mix. need to get some of these tunes! definitely one for the iPod

Big up your socks Smick. Glad you enjoyed it buddy.

Larvly intro with the piano in Who We Are. Have to say that I have never heard that tune before, but makes for a wicked first tune. Amazing little tease in there before Who We Are has dropped. Works wonders with the first tune, and not saying what it is for anyone who hasn't listened, but brings some added energy to Breaks tune. Even If keeps the summer time vibes flowing nicely, easing into Raised By Wolves effortlessly. Started playing Havana again the other week too. The way it builds to the drop with the tinging metallic note on the beat & drops with rolling drums & pounding bass makes for a satisfying tune to mix + rediscovering tunes like that is always quality. But Havana snuck in under the radar for the double with Raised By Wolves, which was a really nice touch, not hearing the build up till it was in. Also wicked keeping RBW in for a longer mix was a cool touch, feeling the mix more, for longer, even though I'm not a huge fan of RBW, I found myself liking it by the time Havana rolled on its own. Wasn't feeling Roxy Music when it came out, but it fit the flavour of the mix & sat well with Havana. Vocals snuck in again till when the second part of Havana dropped & complimented Vicious Circles tune very well. I like the way Havana naturally cuts the fourth beat or so after 64 bars from the second drop, letting Roxy Music briefly do its thing on its own for a second.

Sometimes We Lie whispers in effectively to Roxy Music, EQed exceptionally well in the intro, for the vocals in Roxy Music to come back in briefly. Let Me Go rmx's vocals bless the ride for the tune to roll out to full effect & seamlessly blended. Tickling high end of of Let Me Go rmx coming in has an essence of Rare Earth similarities. Alibi rmx was in at the end of the breakdown of Let Me Go rmx, both Break rmx's sitting well together & rolling the ride further. Afterthought made its appearance towards the tail end of Alibi rmx, but still with enough to hang in to the previous tune & memorable hooks to still be doing their work in Alibi rmx. Afterthought rolls out on its own, and so it should- with such an easy listening tune. Contradictions set up another double exceptionally well, both tunes talking to each other with the piano of Alix's tune & the vocal of Afterthought giving us some afterthoughts. Not heard No Reply before, but like the mildly melodic notes easing into Contradictions as soon as I heard it. I Think I Love You rmx eased its way into this mix again, singing its words over Calibres undeniable easy listening soundtrack, bringing similar notes together from ITILY & No Reply. Memorable riffs & melody of Love So True's intro sit very well with ITILY, for Love So True to contrast the mix with some rugged drum riffs, giving the right kind of addition to that blend. Down Somehow builds for the double with LST & rolls out nicely, for LST to sit back slightly in this mix, but still peaking through with its effects & stomping beat with vocal towards the end of that mix.

Really nice mix all in all AJ. I enjoyed it slightly more that your last one, and on a similar tip to I Think I Love You Notting Hill. Started listening yesterday morning when the sun was making an appearance and was your mix complimented the weather a treat. Today finished up listening to your mix right the way through, and wanted the sun to be back again to give it that extra element (its just peaking through the clouds now, listening to the tail end of Down Somehow). I know you are managing the History Of DnB 20 years mix, but we need more Teddy Bizzle mixes. Don't leave it SO long next time man :)

Wow!
Thanks man. I need to spread some rep around.
really glad you enjoyed it buddy.

Don't worry the next one wont be long.
I've recorded a freestyle mix of late 90's virus sounding bits the other day. ed rush & optical, decoder, bad comp, matrix, that sort of thing. Gonna listen back and make some changed then redo it properly.

Thanks again man.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome as always mate, im sure this one will be getting played for a while.
thanks man. always a pleasure.
Downloaded and ready to listen as standard. Big up.

big up your socks skwiffy.

Back
Top Bottom