Symmethree - Get Down tonight remix (feedback on mixdown plz)

This is an interesting idea, and the mixdown sounds ok, but you got some serious distortion goin on with the bass and Its clipping like a bitch - if thats intentional, it doesnt sound good

It is intentional, and I think ur right, it doesn't sound good. It's a layer i put on top of the bass, to give it more power on smaller boxes like a laptop or headphones, cause before, you just didn't feel the bass sound if u listened to it with phones... But i'll delete that layer inmediately, as it fucks up my bass sound... But this question remains, how to make sure your bassline punches through on phones or small boxes without a sub?

Cause whatever kind of music you produce, 70% of people that listen to your tracks, don't even have a decent sound system... + phones are a better reference to f.e. a car radio. Lets say you want your song to be played on the radio.. the bass still needs to come through. It's not that i've got commercialy intentions, i just want the people to try to understand what i mean with my song, and i cant do that if they can't hear the bass..

It is intentional, and I think ur right, it doesn't sound good. It's a layer i put on top of the bass, to give it more power on smaller boxes like a laptop or headphones, cause before, you just didn't feel the bass sound if u listened to it with phones... But i'll delete that layer inmediately, as it fucks up my bass sound... But this question remains, how to make sure your bassline punches through on phones or small boxes without a sub?

Im not the most experimental producer when it comes to making basslines so I dont really know. This tutorial from lynx might be useful, he talks about adding harmonics to a sub bass by using other instruments.. which can help make the bassline audible on systems with hardly any bass response

Lynx bass programming tutorial

Back
Top Bottom