Switch Fusion - Enigma EP - 7 FREE 320s!

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by dafo93, Feb 25, 2010.

1. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Hey! The Enigma EP is out today for free download! All tracks are in high quality 320 kbps MP3s, and I hope you hear a significant improvement in my productions since my previous EP! Here is the download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywtmwooiyj3

Here is the tracklist:

1. Enigma
    2. Prophecy
    3. Hostile
    4. Orientation
    5. Sonic Assault (Vocal)
    6. Take Me Down
    7. Horizons

As I've said before, there is some jumpup, liquid, breaks, dubstep and electro house in there! Tracks are up on my MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/dnbswitch),my YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/dafo93 and Soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com/switchfusion) if you don't want to download the EP! Hope you enjoy, and please spread the word and play some tunes in your sets if you're DJs etc!

Follow me at: http://twitter.com/switchfusion

Thanks for showing interest

Geth

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. T:M

T:M Dusty Techno Workout

BIIIIGGG UPS!!!

Quality tunes! More favorites to have next to Reach Out and Lightspeed

3. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

4. Ozmatic

Ozmatic Chair of the Nitty Gritty Committee

Big up man, loving you giving out the free tunes, respect for that.
    Downloading now, will give you some feedback after ive listened to them some more.

5. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Thanks man, appreciate it!

6. T:M

T:M Dusty Techno Workout

Horizons is a real treat!

You have definitely established yourself a signature sound with your last few releases, I look forward to hearing more of your tunes in the future.

7. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Good to know :)

8. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

9. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

safe, thanks

10. Ozmatic

Ozmatic Chair of the Nitty Gritty Committee

Ok, this is my feedback on all the tunes,
    Engima, strong tune, although I think the high hats are a little too compressed and too much high EQ during the intro, and the EQ should allow the Hi synth to ring and echo slightly more, so it makes it feel slightly more spaced out. But I really am nitpicking, good work.
    Prophecy, this is a really good example of how to expand your horizons and diversify yourself. The only gripe I have, is that the Drums are too accentuated/sharp by the mixdown, meaning they dominate the bass in the intro and the drop. Still, great tune.
    Hostile, I really like the mood this piece, although I think the Hi Hats during the drop muddy it a little, they feel a little to electronic and chained together, although the bongo sound in there is brilliant.
    Orientation, brilliant techy feel to this piece, but the mixdown and EQ seems to be a little tight, as in the sounds are close together like in a room. Making it really spaced out and blending the mixdown of the drums would make this perfect, as the inverted string sounds are nothing short of amazing
    Sonic Assault, theres pretty much nothing wrong with this one, the beat is complex and compliments the bass brilliantly. I think adding another element, like a piano structure would be effective
    Take Me Down, this is great, but the bass seems to have this crackle over it (?) Im not sure what it is, perhaps just me, but it doesnt sound right, great tune though.
    Horizons, the drums in this are brilliant and it feels incredibly polished and complete IMO

I think as an overall, you have the synth and bass nailed, and you need to work very slightly on the EQing and mixdown of the drums. At the minute, in many of the tunes i feel like they kind of stick out from the main tune, and need to be put in the background. perhaps this is just me, but thats the thing with feedback, its opinion.

Anyway, exceptional EP, your production has come in leaps and bounds and i predict brilliant things for you if you continue your progress.

11. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Thanks for that man, appreciate you taking the time!
    I think I have all the musicalities done, it's just the technical / engineering side I have to work on to improve!

12. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION