Swing beat

Krupe

Anyone here tried a Vault style swing beat in there tunes? I can't figure out how to do it. I'm using fruity which probably aint helping as you can't change the timing midway thru a song.

Krupe said:
Anyone here tried a Vault style swing beat in there tunes? I can't figure out how to do it. I'm using fruity which probably aint helping as you can't change the timing midway thru a song.
I'll look for my .flp file when I get home tonight; did something quite similar in the past (y)

Unless someone does the business before I get home :spliff:

In the sequencer panel of FL, top-right, there is the 'keyboard' and 'effect' buttons. 'Keyboard' is to create the melody/keys, the 'effects' is vol/cut/res/shift/pitch.

lay the kicks roughly where you want em, then using 'shift' in 'effects', draw the pink bar to 3/4, an it will put the kick off-beat. Play til you get the pattern you are after, and some shakers in the same shifted way, an as if by magic, you got a swingle - Shazaam! :kermit:

sdm said:
I'll look for my .flp file when I get home tonight; did something quite similar in the past (y)

Unless someone does the business before I get home :spliff:
Not got it (n)

However, I did mine very similar to Jay just by positioning the beats in the 'swing' places.

cheers all. can't get it soundin QUITE like vault yet, but give it a couple more days and I'll be off.

Krupe said:
cheers all. can't get it soundin QUITE like vault yet, but give it a couple more days and I'll be off.
Yeah mate, just stick a bar of Vault swing into Sound Forge and compare it until you have it right (y)

Back
Top Bottom