Sustayne - Out Of Focus (Minimal Drum & Bass but gets heavier in places)

i like the half step vibes here. the low cut reece is a good touch as well. maybe pull the sub back a hair. it sorta sounds as though its pull life out of the drums. but if your going for that over loaded sound like in emperor's control. then right on. solid track man!

this is the latest track I've been working on. although it is just a preview clip the full version will be released very soon.
Any feedback before i send it off to get professionally mastered would be much appreciated. plus any thoughts on any online mastering services would be great too. Ive looked into a few but any opinions are welcome!!

I'm not to sure with the drums...
Not sure if the snare samplse work with the track. But it might be more with the fx on it than the sample itself. And that clap is fine, but way to wide. Make it a bit more mono than it is now. After a while that clap really got on my nerves.
And now that part from 1:50 until the drums come in again, make sure it doens't get to muddy

but don't get me wrong, I'm really liking the vibe

Re: Sustayne - Out Of Focus (Minimal Drum & Bass but gets heavier in places)

Sweet man, thanks for your feedback! I'm going for a sort of lo-fi vibe with this album that I'm writing so I kinda like the high end not being that exaggerated XD
I'll check out your tunes as soon as I'm back on the monitors.
Easy :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not to sure with the drums...
Not sure if the snare samplse work with the track. But it might be more with the fx on it than the sample itself. And that clap is fine, but way to wide. Make it a bit more mono than it is now. After a while that clap really got on my nerves.
And now that part from 1:50 until the drums come in again, make sure it doens't get to muddy

but don't get me wrong, I'm really liking the vibe

Hey man, cheers for the feedback! The clap is wide on purpose and it changes width constantly due to messing around with Haas effect XD
I'll check out your neuro tune when I'm on the monitors.
Easy

Back
Top Bottom